Main Menu

Turnsheet

Started by Kaiser Kirk, March 24, 2020, 12:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaiser Kirk

Howdy All,

This is my effort at an updated Turnsheet
The turnsheet is optional to use.

You will see that many example fields are already filled out, so you can see how/that it works.

IF we are changing colonial development for more categories,
Then I felt I should provide a revised turnsheet to make that easier. (I hope).

The base goal is to allow colonial region development to be tracked / developed by the new categories.

I borrowed Jefgte's version of Snips turn sheet and attempted to improve it further.

Dark Blue Text : Player fills in - mostly just the first time.

Black Text : Form Text

Black text is used for additional information.

Light Blue Background : AutoCalc
Green Background : points to number on a different Tab.

The Tabs

Economic Summary :

Much the same, but with a grid to fill in what type of colonial IC it is - rich/ave/poor.
Likewise the building IC section has a little chart of how much each type costs.
There is now also fields that track how much more homeland IC/BP cost .
Since Snip said that IC could be saved up to a year, and the rules already limit BP to 1 HY saved up, I put on so that question doesn't come up and get different answers...

The order of the categories is the same as the tabs.

Research
There is now a tracking number at the top, so you know if you've exceeded your research budget
There is a status field to let you know when the prior + current expenditures meet the total needed.

I added a big guns and mounts section.
When developing those for Parthia I found the original sheet didn't quite work.
I added a number of the gun rules in black text, and a link to the gun research webpage.

Naval Summary
I liked what Jefgte had for his fleet, but to make it easier if we ever decide to price ship types differently, I've broken it up by architecture.
The Auxiliaries is for any mercantile construction, and so you get the cheaper maintenance cost.

The New Construction
This has several auto-calc fields meant to be helpful -
-Remaining tonnage
-Number of HY before you're allowed to complete.   This can go negative.
-A 'future rate' - the average tonnage you need to allocate/HY to complete on time.
-A status field, so you know automatically when it's launched or still using slip space.

Naval Infrastructure
This should calculate the different costs of Drydocks and Slips.
Also has a error check for if you try building more than 50m/HY
Hmm, just realized I failed that on the Floating Drydocks...well it's 11pm, not happening tonight.

Warships
This is Jefgte's Order of Battle Tab, I like it better than my Parthian.
I've still changed it to break up by architecture.

Non Naval Forces
This is a heavily modified form of what I've done for Parthia.
At the top it has a summary of all the various points You HAVE (which you put in), and then How many you've assigned places.....and will warn you if there's too many.
Just below that there is a space to buy the new units.

Then there's a deployment for each type.
For Colonial Regions, since you need Deployment units to support the others, there's a column for tracking the assigned units.

So, call this the Draft until I fix that floating drydock bit.
Feel free to tell me something's clunky and not workable.
Or some little thing that will make it better.

Modify : V6 now attached.
Did they beat the drum slowly,
Did they play the fife lowly,
Did they sound the death march, as they lowered you down,
Did the band play the last post and chorus,
Did the pipes play the flowers of the forest

Desertfox

Shiny! I can compare it with my barebones version, will definitely borrow significant portions of it.
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Jefgte

Remarkable work !!!
Copying our HY report is not going to be an easy task ...
and, unfortunately, there are risks of errors.
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

Kaiser Kirk

Quote from: Jefgte on March 24, 2020, 03:54:16 PM
Remarkable work !!!
Copying our HY report is not going to be an easy task ...
and, unfortunately, there are risks of errors.

Correct
Which is why it is Optional.

You can keep your old spreadsheets and modify them to track the new colonial development.

You can keep your old spreadsheets and import parts of the new one- say just cut & paste the colonial section in.

You can keep your old spreadsheets and import entire tabs

OR... you can use the entire New Spreadsheet.

I think , I hope, that once filled in, the new one will be easiest moving forward.

But really, I just want to make sure that if I am complicating the game, I am providing the tools to fix the problem.
I also tried to take the opportunity to add the stuff I had been wanting because I thought it would be useful.

Attached is version 3, which modifies a line for any New Floating Drydocks you may want to build.

The Rock Doctor

So I've started plugging in the Union stuff to the first page.  Note that the sum function at F26 doesn't sum up all of the colonial rows.

Anyway:  Between the five free homeland ICs, the colonial ports with IC, and the primer/harsh function, I reckon I'm going to have an additional $27.50 in cash each turn.  That's not counting the IC I've built on my own (and whatever benefits they'll drive from their locations) or the resource discovery thing still to be unveiled.

I'm not complaining about this, necessarily, but it is a big jump in income and we should be aware of that while we're still discussing things.

Desertfox

I'm only getting the $5 initial boost.

Perhaps some sort of sliding cost increase like there is for homeland ICs and BPs?
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Kaiser Kirk

Quote from: The Rock Doctor on March 31, 2020, 10:30:01 AM
So I've started plugging in the Union stuff to the first page.  Note that the sum function at F26 doesn't sum up all of the colonial rows.

I'm not complaining about this, necessarily, but it is a big jump in income and we should be aware of that while we're still discussing things.
f26? Ooops
Oh, I'll get that fixed.

Well, it's lower development costs and a small increase income - but yes, significant changes.

During the conversation, lack of funds to grow colonies quickly was indicated as a problem.
I had the long term perspective - we are going to wind up with very large budgets...eventually.
but if more explosive growth is what's desired...AND we want the Colonies to be of Value... AND we want different areas to be of different values... hopefully this will do it. 

As for Fox's comment - the 2 IC/province cap on colonies, and the $5 more for interior, do serve as some escalators.
I fear that by 1925 we may find the economies have truly exploded...but the restriction on BP to Homeland and the escalator cost does put a regulator on things.

Jefgte

I also started to copy the first page.
I do not see the wealth of the colonies, gold and red.
I have all put in average.

Byzantium is $ 78
Colonies are at $ 12.75
Total: $ 90.75

QuoteNote that the sum function at F26 doesn't sum up all of the colonial rows.
I have corrected the F26 sum.
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

The Rock Doctor

Quote from: Kaiser Kirk on March 31, 2020, 04:02:06 PM
Quote from: The Rock Doctor on March 31, 2020, 10:30:01 AM

f26? Ooops
Oh, I'll get that fixed.

Well, it's lower development costs and a small increase income - but yes, significant changes.

During the conversation, lack of funds to grow colonies quickly was indicated as a problem.
I had the long term perspective - we are going to wind up with very large budgets...eventually.
but if more explosive growth is what's desired...AND we want the Colonies to be of Value... AND we want different areas to be of different values... hopefully this will do it. 

As for Fox's comment - the 2 IC/province cap on colonies, and the $5 more for interior, do serve as some escalators.
I fear that by 1925 we may find the economies have truly exploded...but the restriction on BP to Homeland and the escalator cost does put a regulator on things.

The upside is that I'll be dumping upwards of $200 into canals over the next several years, so I won't have trouble spending the additional funding.

snip

I found an error. Cell F108 on the Economic Summary sheet is not producing a BP value for the non-naval points constructed. It needs to equal Cell D108.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Kaiser Kirk

Quote from: snip on April 02, 2020, 06:26:14 PM
I found an error. Cell F108 on the Economic Summary sheet is not producing a BP value for the non-naval points constructed. It needs to equal Cell D108.

Considering you crafted the Original (Thank you BTW) version of our turnsheet, I'm sure you are correct.
But Cell F108 is 'Naval Expenditures' and cell D108 is blank.

Cell F108 appears to correctly sum the rows above it.

Dropping down to Non-Naval..
Aha I think you're talking about F115 and D115.

Good catch.
Sorry there was anything to catch.

V5 takes the Economic Summary Tab, Non-Naval Military Expenditures Cell F115 and points it at Cell D115. That makes New Land/Air/Deployment Units cost BP.

snip

I forgot I removed some extra rows above, my bad.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

The Rock Doctor

Just curious if the spreadsheet has a place to report scrapping of ships.

Blasphemous, I know, but it's going to happen.

Kaiser Kirk

...not yet.
I've found that my purposes I've subdivided the building space and put a /4 reduction on total cost so I have a place to build Auxiliaries and easy tracking... as I continue expanding Parthia's world leading edge in minesweepers !  Ha my evil plan advances !

I don't see why lines couldn't be added somewhere on that Naval Summary tab to add a 'Scrapping section'.
Overall I expect such customization.

The Rock Doctor

Fair enough, was just checking.