Main Menu

Turnsheet

Started by Kaiser Kirk, March 24, 2020, 12:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darman

Quote from: Kaiser Kirk on April 22, 2020, 07:38:15 PM
I don't see why lines couldn't be added somewhere on that Naval Summary tab to add a 'Scrapping section'.
Overall I expect such customization.

I Just put a few lines underneath my list of naval infrastructure

The Rock Doctor

Yeah, I'll probably do the same.  Time to start scrapping the old battleline.

Kaiser Kirk

I'm expecting to use my older ships as "filler" and fleet support.
Some...are worthless.
But many have value as potential rebuilds.
I've started eying my MTB carriers as potential future 'trial' aviation ships.
Jegfte's rebuild of his older ships pushed me over the brink, so I'm developing new turrets& guns to drop into the old hulls. Ultimately cheaper than a new ship for that purpose.
Most got refurbished at 10years in prebuild, so I've got some time.
Did they beat the drum slowly,
Did they play the fife lowly,
Did they sound the death march, as they lowered you down,
Did the band play the last post and chorus,
Did the pipes play the flowers of the forest

Darman

Filling in my new turnsheet (the most updated one) so that I can keep track of the quality of my colonial economy.  I discovered some places to specify what certain land or fortification points are for: i.e. coastal vs land fortifications, types of air units (reconnaissance, fighters, zeppelins), and type of land units (regular or marines were the two i noticed).  I was under the impression we weren't (yet) specifying those units and leaving them as abstracts.  I am fine either way. Just double-checking

Kaiser Kirk

So Land vs. Coastal are two different types of Forts. Those you do need to specify.
Land has a specific modifier, Coast is far less defined at this time.

The other categories are "fluff" and should be viewed at best as indicating the primary mission of the unit.

Darman

Quote from: Kaiser Kirk on May 31, 2020, 03:46:37 PM
So Land vs. Coastal are two different types of Forts. Those you do need to specify.
Land has a specific modifier, Coast is far less defined at this time.

The other categories are "fluff" and should be viewed at best as indicating the primary mission of the unit.

Will make that modification!!

Kaiser Kirk

Quote from: Darman on April 23, 2020, 07:36:08 AM
Quote from: Kaiser Kirk on April 22, 2020, 07:38:15 PM
I don't see why lines couldn't be added somewhere on that Naval Summary tab to add a 'Scrapping section'.
Overall I expect such customization.

I Just put a few lines underneath my list of naval infrastructure

Heh, sorry I didn't cover every base.
But yes, lines can be added. Or simply a new tab.

Guinness

Question: I'm filling this out, and in the gun research section, the sheet has a column for "gun bore >210", which a couple of columns over the sheet uses to calculate the cost. That formula is simply =IF([cell_in_gun_bore_column]=0,0,2). So if I put anything but "0" in the gun bore column, the total cost of that gun's research is $2.

The rules say:
For guns larger than 8.27"/210mm, it takes two years to research, at a cost of $0.50 per half-year.
For guns no larger than 8.27"/210mm, the research time is the same, but the cost is halved to $0.25 per half-year.

So I think the intention of the sheet is to calculate if the cost is either $0.50 per half or $0.25 per half. So I think the gun bore column (colum c) could be the bore size in mm and the equation in the cost column (column e) could be instead: "=IF(C[row]=0,0,IF(C[row]>210,2,1))".

Please confirm.

Guinness

Ignore all this as I just noticed the next section. I like my approach better though. :)

Quote from: Guinness on June 06, 2020, 11:53:14 AM
Question: I'm filling this out, and in the gun research section, the sheet has a column for "gun bore >210", which a couple of columns over the sheet uses to calculate the cost. That formula is simply =IF([cell_in_gun_bore_column]=0,0,2). So if I put anything but "0" in the gun bore column, the total cost of that gun's research is $2.

The rules say:
For guns larger than 8.27"/210mm, it takes two years to research, at a cost of $0.50 per half-year.
For guns no larger than 8.27"/210mm, the research time is the same, but the cost is halved to $0.25 per half-year.

So I think the intention of the sheet is to calculate if the cost is either $0.50 per half or $0.25 per half. So I think the gun bore column (colum c) could be the bore size in mm and the equation in the cost column (column e) could be instead: "=IF(C[row]=0,0,IF(C[row]>210,2,1))".

Please confirm.

Kaiser Kirk

Quote from: Guinness on June 06, 2020, 11:54:13 AM
Ignore all this as I just noticed the next section. I like my approach better though. :)

Ignore what?
8p