COVID

Started by The Rock Doctor, March 14, 2020, 07:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darman

The Northeast is a bit of a mixed bag, some states are sheltering in place and others aren't. Rhode Island isn't (yet). But all the restaurants have been take out/delivery only for a week now, and over the weekend the governor allowed to-go wine and beer sales. That's how bad it's getting here, for the governor to relax that regulation.

maddox

It seems Agrival is down with a mild case...  And he's the most healthy in the House of Chaos (except his spinal injuries).

Darman

I will add that as of today the Rhode Island National Guard is now patrolling our southern border to prevent an influx of refugees from NYC *facepalm*  all they are doing is taking down contact information and will apparently attempt to enforce self-quarantines upon everyone entering the state.....

The Rock Doctor

Quote from: maddox on March 26, 2020, 05:18:57 PM
It seems Agrival is down with a mild case...  And he's the most healthy in the House of Chaos (except his spinal injuries).

That's not good to hear.  Hopefully it's a mild case and the rest of you avoid it.

maddox

He's recovering.  But no test possible atm, he wasn't sick enough, and a test is too expensive for our gouv'ment.

So I don't know Phoenix or me are contaminated.

The Rock Doctor

At least he's recovering. Hopefully the two of you don't catch it.

maddox

Or if we did catch it, we're with the 70% group without symptomes.

Kaiser Kirk

Quote from: maddox on April 01, 2020, 06:18:08 PM
Or if we did catch it, we're with the 70% group without symptomes.

You have the knowledge you could be carriers, so you can take precautions,
but not having symptoms or suffering is great.
Did they beat the drum slowly,
Did they play the fife lowly,
Did they sound the death march, as they lowered you down,
Did the band play the last post and chorus,
Did the pipes play the flowers of the forest

maddox

Dust masks, nitrile gloves, IPA 70% desinfectant spray. I worked in a pharmaceutical company and know the drill.

If worst comes to worst, I do have a hazmat outfit too (yep, had a stint in chemical an nuclear plants.)

The Rock Doctor

The Mrs. and I are both dealing with something.  She thinks it's allergies, I think it's a cold based on what seems like standard cold symptom progression.  We've been cautious enough that I don't think it is COVID. We'll see.

Jefgte

Quote...She thinks it's allergies...

Allergies to spring pollen.
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

The Rock Doctor

It happens, but my throat is sore and that's not an allergic response for me.  That's an incoming cold, usually.

Glad we stocked up on the Neo Citran drinks.

Desertfox

Sore throat most likely means cold, Ive had two already in the past two months (wife had one) and a bout of pink eye, even with social distancing...
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Darman

Quote from: The Rock Doctor on April 18, 2020, 09:11:31 AM
It happens, but my throat is sore and that's not an allergic response for me.  That's an incoming cold, usually.

Glad we stocked up on the Neo Citran drinks.

Allergies has had me down frequently in the last month or so, but I thought I felt an oncoming sore throat the other day but it never developed, so I'm holding out hope.  Literally the only people I see are my father and my 2 roommates (I dont count the 4 times I've been to the store). 

The Rock Doctor

Feeling really shitty today, but it seems like a throat infection rather than the C-word.