COVID

Started by The Rock Doctor, March 14, 2020, 07:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desertfox

That really sucks. Hopefully you find something soon.

The Bay Area just went into lock-down, so I'll be home for the foreseeable future. Although my company is still arguing with the local government trying to have us back at work. Might be going on leave with out pay. Other than that everything is good so far, except for the toilet paper shortage. I did stock up on frozen pizzas among other foods, plus everyone is now doing free food delivery including fast foods.
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

The Rock Doctor

I can't believe we didn't remember to buy potatoes.

snip

I've just been sent home from work for the next twoish weeks, laptop and other equipment in tow. Time to clear some space for the laptop on my desk. Looking forward to everyone's VPNs breaking tomorrow along with the rash of "I cant do X" calls.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Desertfox

And back to work I go. Apparently Lockheed Martin values share-holder profits more than bay area ordinances.

ledeper

It is Covid,confirmed yesterday at noon.Luckily a mild case,confined at home until 3.April,allowed 2 hours shopping 3 days a week (mon-wed-and Friday ,tween 12-2 noon.
see below:

Down with the Flu,thank god the freezer is filled,and plenty of Rice and Pasta. :-\ :-\

The Rock Doctor

Quote from: Desertfox on March 17, 2020, 10:50:23 PM
And back to work I go. Apparently Lockheed Martin values share-holder profits more than bay area ordinances.
I'm shocked.  Shocked, I tell you!

The Rock Doctor

Quote from: ledeper on March 18, 2020, 05:29:14 AM
It is Covid,confirmed yesterday at noon.Luckily a mild case,confined at home until 3.April,allowed 2 hours shopping 3 days a week (mon-wed-and Friday ,tween 12-2 noon.
see below:

Down with the Flu,thank god the freezer is filled,and plenty of Rice and Pasta. :-\ :-\
Good luck!

The Rock Doctor

Apparently local plant nurseries, which rely on imported seasonal labor, are not going to open.

This means lots more gardening for me this spring.

Jefgte

QuoteIt is Covid,confirmed yesterday at noon.Luckily a mild case,confined at home until 3.April,allowed 2 hours shopping 3 days a week (mon-wed-and Friday ,tween 12-2 noon.
see below:

Take care of yourself
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

Desertfox

Don't have any sick time left, so asked my manager what my options where, was told: "Don't get sick."

On the plus side, going to Target  early paid off, got a pack of toilet paper, so all set on supplies for the near future.

maddox

Getting very Sovjet over here. Not as bad as in France tough.

I can say, we're still in good health and spirit.

Mario, Babeth and Agrival (who took shelter here for the time being).

The Rock Doctor

Government management is well-intentioned but taking a bit of a shotgun approach to things.  One of the two items I've been tasked with appears to already 95% completed by another group. The other is arguably not even within the mandate of my department.  But I will plug away.

Mrs. Rock was getting Cabin Fever yesterday, but some cleaning on the deck and then rest in the sun with the cats and dogs cured her of that.

Kaiser Kirk

My state (CA) is under shelter in place orders.
Non-essential workers are supposed to stay home.

However, I apparently fall in the essential category.
I've been told forestry is exempt,
I'm guessing since much of our work is out in the woods.

So, vacation over, I return to work :)
Did they beat the drum slowly,
Did they play the fife lowly,
Did they sound the death march, as they lowered you down,
Did the band play the last post and chorus,
Did the pipes play the flowers of the forest

Desertfox

Well there is a toilet paper shortage... Although, I doubt your trees are being used for TP. I am still trying to figure out who these non-essential workers are, feels like all industries have figured out a way to call their employees essential.

snip

Anchorage just went under shelter in place last night. Both of us are tucked away at home with work computers for the next couple weeks at least.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon