Important Information on the start of Normal game play.

Started by snip, June 25, 2014, 01:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snip

On July 5th at 23:59 PST we will be locking the startup process and beginning normal play. At that time, the following needs to be accomplished from each player.

1) Some sort of summary of items for startup needs to have been posted with enough time for a checkover. Directly providing your spreadsheet works for this. Give us at least 48h to do this, so we should have one for each nation posted by then.
2) All ships need to be at least given an allotted tonnage and approximate characteristics. We, however, would highly prefer if all were simmed.
3) Information on starting military units and infrastructure needs to be posted to your national encyclopedia. If it is not in the ency by this point, it does not exist pre-start and must be constructed starting with the first report.
4) All changes from our PoD to December 31st 1899 need to be cataloged here. It is ok if some minor things are still being worked on, but anything effecting international relations should be finished up.

If getting any of this done by the time we lock it is an issue for you, please PM Logi and I so we can work the issue out. Please post "I have read and understood" below so we know if anyone has not seen this. Any additional comments made here will be removed, please discuss in this thread where a copy of this message has been posted.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Guinness

Darman

Jefgte

I have just finish the Fleet so, for all the other works to do, July 5th at 23:59 PST is perhaps Ok... not sure.

Jef
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

The Rock Doctor

I have read and understood, and am plotting accordingly.

Walter

Read it.
Understood it.

Should be noted that I will be in Paris then for the Japan Expo so I will have to get my stuff sorted and ready before that.

Guinness

Getting to July 5 may be a grind for me too. I've just been informed that I'll be high in Deliverance Country at my in-laws making a headboard that weekend.

I may have to allocate for some standin ships, as the springsharping has been slow.

snip

Well, it looks like we might have some things missing. At somepoint soon, most likely tomorrow, I will be writing up a list of who still needs to post what. Those people will be slapped with herrings until their encys are ready for the start of play.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Jefgte

"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

Darman

Quote from: snip on July 06, 2014, 03:34:42 PM
Well, it looks like we might have some things missing. At somepoint soon, most likely tomorrow, I will be writing up a list of who still needs to post what. Those people will be slapped with herrings until their encys are ready for the start of play.

What do you consider to be super important?  Just armies and navies and the like?  Or fluff such as the members of the Cabinet, Monarch and family, etc?

snip

-Siegfried Sassoon

snip

Ok, here is the grand list. Affected players will be receiving a PM with this information as well. This is not meant to be a callout of "lol, this person sucks", but notation for the public record of what needs to be accomplished soon. Note Logi is also looking through and may have additoinal things to add to this list. Let me know if you have any questions.

UK:
--No Forts (Im sure you were building a couple)
--Army tech levels not noted
--Land and Air tech thread is missing
--Some placeholder posts. If these are not for pre-start ships just add them back when the ship is finalized.
--Note I stickied your Naval OrBat.

France:
--Everything Army missing.
--Most ships and Navy information missing.
--No tech threads.

Germany
--Non-Fort Army stuff.
--Ships and Navy information
--Tech threads

Russia
--I see you are still tweaking some ships.
--Tech threads

Italy
--Everything, but you got a very late start.

Ottomans
--Could you change the notations in your Army to the tech years as opposed to Baseline, Primitive?
--Stickied your OrBat for you.

China
--Naval OrBat.
--Army unit and fort tech levels
--The 1891 BB/AC Architecture tech should have all of "Mixed-caliber main battery (Main+intermediary calibers), Superfiring secondaries (Restricted Axial Firing Arcs) and Stacked Main Battery turrets" in Green. The choose One part applies to that option or AQY.

Japan
--Army unit tech levels
--Forts and Coastal defenses (tho your just told me about that on IRC)

'Murica
--Logi is looking my ency over and will let me know of any ommitions.

-Siegfried Sassoon

snip

-Siegfried Sassoon

Guinness

I added a tech thread.

One thing: I've made 1900 mine warfare green. Russia historically was a world leader, if not *the* world leader in mine warfare in 1900. If anyone has a problem with that, please let me know and I'll undo it. I'm not crazy about the offensive mine warfare capabilities on our tech tree as it is. Contact mines with automatic depth setting were well known and in service in many nations by 1900. I suppose we could rework the first two steps to make it clear that offensive mine warfare was quite a bit further along than defensive mine warfare.

snip

Quote from: Guinness on July 07, 2014, 09:06:45 AM
I added a tech thread.

One thing: I've made 1900 mine warfare green. Russia historically was a world leader, if not *the* world leader in mine warfare in 1900. If anyone has a problem with that, please let me know and I'll undo it. I'm not crazy about the offensive mine warfare capabilities on our tech tree as it is. Contact mines with automatic depth setting were well known and in service in many nations by 1900. I suppose we could rework the first two steps to make it clear that offensive mine warfare was quite a bit further along than defensive mine warfare.
I'm not sure how comfortable I am with that. However, I agree that we might be off by having that tech be a 1900 one. Let Logi and I talk about it.
-Siegfried Sassoon