NPC & Player Nation Status

Started by ledeper, April 30, 2014, 05:12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ledeper

It seems that both Russia and Germany is up for grabs.If so I would like to lay claims on one of them,but I find it prudent ,that the MODS come with an "inkick",to what country is most interesting from a game point of view.

snip

Russia is going to be staffed before Germany as it is a relivent player in three geopolitical spheres (Europe, Middle East, Asia) as opposed to one in the case of Germany.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

ledeper

Then u may have a player for Russia,if I am allowed a P.O.D. that says Czar Alexander II survives the assassination in 1881.

snip

Quote from: ledeper on May 01, 2014, 12:41:18 PM
Then u may have a player for Russia,if I am allowed a P.O.D. that says Czar Alexander II survives the assassination in 1881.
I would need to hear a more fleshed out proposal for what this would alter before saying yay or nay.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Tanthalas

anyone playing A/H? not that im asking or offering just curious since it is a fairly major player in 2 areas of the world (and ok ok it is somthing that "could" interest me)
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

snip

Quote from: Tanthalas on August 22, 2014, 09:45:44 AM
anyone playing A/H? not that im asking or offering just curious since it is a fairly major player in 2 areas of the world (and ok ok it is somthing that "could" interest me)
Well...its sort of being dismembered. So its not available.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Tanthalas

BOOOOO.... was someone I could have enjoyed playing =P .  Someone big enough to build "interesting" ships but not so over powering as to be scary.

Quote from: snip on August 22, 2014, 10:12:02 AM
Quote from: Tanthalas on August 22, 2014, 09:45:44 AM
Well...its sort of being dismembered. So its not available.
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

snip

We figured it would be a bit more fun (read, not as stuck to OTL) to make the Ottomans rather viable. That came at the expense of AH.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Tanthalas

Oh I agree, just knocks out someone I would be interested in playing... (I always wanted to play Germany  ;D).  if anything is out there still big enough to be fun let me know (I could deal with somthing the size of 2.0 Italia/CSA honestly)

Quote from: snip on August 22, 2014, 11:44:45 AM
We figured it would be a bit more fun (read, not as stuck to OTL) to make the Ottomans rather viable. That came at the expense of AH.
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

Jefgte

"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

Tanthalas

How about this for a thought... Unify Belgian, and the Netherlands say Circa 1700ish and keep the empire say 1800ish+ still kinda a small fry in Europe but big enough to be respectable with a globe spaning (highly valuable) empire, requiring a fairly substantial fleet.
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

snip

I think the next on our list would be Sweden. The unification you want is way far back from our POD, and we sort of need to keep going forward.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Tanthalas

When is the Official PoD (I found several numbers crusing the forums tonight would help get the creative juices flowing to know about the date of PoD)

as to Sweden just by itself with out substantial modification to the OTL timeline it isnt even in the class of say Italy... Spain could be respectable, but once again it would take substantial modification to the OTL timeline (lets face it the Spanish branch of the Hapsburg family messed up ALOT of things OTL).

a Unified like Sweden, Norway, Finland and possibly Denmark might be respectable (note you would need atleast 2 of the first 3 just to get your population to a semi respectable level) and a Vasa Dynasty could be fun to write... (although I would have to largely invent them post like 1640)

oh and damn I knew I should have waited to draw the map for a unified netherlands (and its bloody technicolor flag)

*note* im just throwing out ideas atm, im as always open to advice  :P

Quote from: snip on August 22, 2014, 07:40:55 PM
I think the next on our list would be Sweden. The unification you want is way far back from our POD, and we sort of need to keep going forward.
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

Walter

I think the next on our list would be Sweden.
No, it's not...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_between_Sweden_and_Norway
... so, since it is not 1905 yet, the next one on the list would be United Kingdoms of Sweden and Norway. :P

Tanthalas

Yeah just found the itty bitty map... Population would still be on the low side at like seven million circa 1900, but proly workable.  Dont suppose I could keep part of Finland to  :P (what I wants me some Finish Cavalry)

Quote from: Walter on August 22, 2014, 08:21:41 PM
I think the next on our list would be Sweden.
No, it's not...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_between_Sweden_and_Norway
... so, since it is not 1905 yet, the next one on the list would be United Kingdoms of Sweden and Norway. :P
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650