Getting rolling

Started by KWorld, September 23, 2012, 07:59:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KWorld

I suppose we should probably get country sections built so everyone has a place to put their stuff.  If the player is set as owner for a section, they can built their sub-sections, no need for a mod to do that.  If not, as long as they can adjust the titles, a copy of the UK section would probably be sufficient.

snip

Few things are preventing this from getting done. First is school, papers and exams are going to keep me a bit occupied until Wednesday. The second is I have had no sucess with locking people out of posting in encys that are not there own. I managed to lock up mine, but in attempting to lock everyone but Darman (and the admins of course) out of the Japanese one resulted in a rather large FUBARing of the permissions for the whole forum. Guiness has been helping, but his scedual is very hectic as well. Once I get clear of academic stuff (or as short breaks ::)) I can start adding the encys themselves, but I do ask that posting in them is held off on until the permissions bit is sorted out.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Darman

Well I'm working on my three nations starting budgetary requirements

snip

Quote from: Darman on September 23, 2012, 11:08:04 AM

What would be best for the rest of you to do would be to get your budgets done. I know we are still haggling over some parts of the rules, but the overall framework is effectively locked up and should allow everyone to start working. I just have the roughly 500,000 ton Royal Navy to hash out [/passes out]
-Siegfried Sassoon

Tanthalas

I already did that... and simed the ships... Ok im ready to go (I even have my first 3 turns of reports ready).  I am just drawing ships and waiting.

Quote from: snip on September 23, 2012, 11:14:53 AM
Quote from: Darman on September 23, 2012, 11:08:04 AM

What would be best for the rest of you to do would be to get your budgets done. I know we are still haggling over some parts of the rules, but the overall framework is effectively locked up and should allow everyone to start working. I just have the roughly 500,000 ton Royal Navy to hash out [/passes out]
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

Darman

Quote from: Tanthalas on September 23, 2012, 11:20:11 AM
I already did that... and simed the ships... Ok im ready to go (I even have my first 3 turns of reports ready).  I am just drawing ships and waiting.
Do you happen to have a good sim report excel sheet?  I'd make my own but I'm not too good with excel. 

KWorld

Spending question for the experts:

I'm trying to keep the USN within shouting distance of it's historical size for the period, so how should I spend the excess BP & cash I'll end up with?

Tanthalas

Ports, Docks, and slips would be my advice.  You could also build ships for other players who lack the BP to build domesticly although the cash wouldnt exactly be usefull at this point.

Quote from: KWorld on September 24, 2012, 08:10:43 AM
Spending question for the experts:

I'm trying to keep the USN within shouting distance of it's historical size for the period, so how should I spend the excess BP & cash I'll end up with?
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

KWorld

With my current sheet, I have 27 ports, 84 slips, 67 docks, and 46 ships (14 battleships in the fleet or on the slips, 6 experimental vessels (TBs and submarines), 6 monitors, 6 armored cruisers, and 14 cruisers).  Per history, totally imbalanced, though it's a touch better than historical (at least there are more cruisers).

Tanthalas

not bad at all, im suposed to have 12 BBs, and a CRAPLOAD of torpedo Cruisers (all OTL were sub 1K tons but I couldnt make em work on that tonage so I went for 1K tons light which works rather well).  I forsee my cruiser force becoming dated rather rapidly though T.T (oh well not like the first batch isn't 1890 for laydown date after all).

Quote from: KWorld on September 24, 2012, 10:02:57 AM
With my current sheet, I have 27 ports, 84 slips, 67 docks, and 46 ships (14 battleships in the fleet or on the slips, 6 experimental vessels (TBs and submarines), 6 monitors, 6 armored cruisers, and 14 cruisers).  Per history, totally imbalanced, though it's a touch better than historical (at least there are more cruisers).
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

KWorld

The real fun part is going to figure out where to put the 1225 disappearing 6" coast guns I have.....  :)

Darman

Quote from: KWorld on September 24, 2012, 12:51:44 PM
The real fun part is going to figure out where to put the 1225 disappearing 6" coast guns I have.....  :)

6" disappearing rifles seem a bit small to me....

KWorld

Quote from: Darman on September 24, 2012, 03:41:32 PM
Quote from: KWorld on September 24, 2012, 12:51:44 PM

6" disappearing rifles seem a bit small to me....

A bit small for what?  Or how?

snip

-Siegfried Sassoon

KWorld

Quote from: snip on September 24, 2012, 03:54:49 PM
Where are the big guns?

Heh, I didn't mention how many I had of those....  :)