North America Buildup

Started by Guinness, June 07, 2011, 01:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guinness

This is the thread for discussing startup for N. America

Guinness

Map of N. America to work from:

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/mmichael453/Navalism%204/namerica-guinness-v1.png

For those in on this map so far: I made some tweaks here and there, mostly to move borders from their arbitrary lines to rivers, etc. when possible, and to balance out some territory. The Red country lost parts of Georgia and Florida, for instance, but gained near the Yucatan.

Guinness

Btw: here's who we have where now:

Guinness - California (which must always be pronounced using Arnold Schwarzenegger's accent)
Charles - English Speaking America (south)
DesertFox - Mexico (presumed first choice)
Logi - South Florida and Various Islands + Yucatan
Tex - Tex
Snip - Pacific Northwest
Darman - English Speaking America (north)

snip

Well, a few comments. I would really like Oregon to be included with my claim, with not quite as much in the north. I know that Darman was working on a map (link http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp353/recon20011/NorthAmericaMk5.jpg) Its smiliare to what you have, but the rest of us have been tossing it around for a bit.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Darman

He used my map as a base.  My theory is that because California is now a player-controlled nation it had to be made a little bigger than it was as an NPC nation. 

Guinness

Yeah, my map is a modified version of the one Darman sent me.

Are there specific bits of Oregon you are interested in? California is indeed both a player nation, and "Mod weight" nation, but I'm just now kicking around the idea of it getting a central American holding for gameplay mechanics reasons too, so some of Oregon could get swapped for that reason.

Logi

I suppose that means I don't get any part of Columbia?

snip

ah, I see. would it be posible to cut the bigish province that is Western Oregon in half and spit it between me and Cali?
-Siegfried Sassoon

Darman

Quote from: Logi on June 07, 2011, 02:17:04 PM
I suppose that means I don't get any part of Columbia?
I had been asked to keep all starting territories out of South America.  I tried to keep pretty well clear of anything south of the Yucatan. 

Guinness

I think that's reasonable. Say a line somewhere between Corvallis and Eugene?

Logi: yes, we want S. America "virgin" and have tried to compensate elsewhere. I'm still a little concerned about that nation effectively controlling access to the Gulf of Mexico as is, but I suppose if that's ok with Tex, it's ok with me. :)

Charles computed that the land area of that nation now is roughly a little larger than Japan.

Darman

Quote from: Guinness on June 07, 2011, 02:22:35 PM
Charles computed that the land area of that nation now is roughly a little larger than Japan.

I'm glad.  The reason I had given Logi land in South America to begin with was because I wasn't certain he'd have land area roughly equal to the rest of us. 

snip

QuoteI think that's reasonable. Say a line somewhere between Corvallis and Eugene?

Ya that works. can you add that change, or do you want me to?
-Siegfried Sassoon

Darman

I think there ought to be one map, and one person making changes.  I guess that is up to you guys though too. 

Guinness

We really need a way for the map to be edited by the group. A wiki or something. I'll look into it.

For the time being: I annoit Darman the editor of the N. America map. If you don't mind, please take the one I linked here, and apply the changes you made around the Mississippi in yours to it, and then add the change to Oregon too. If you email it back to me, I'll upload it and change the link near the top of this thread.

Guinness