Aztec Ship Designs 1929-1934

Started by TacCovert4, September 11, 2023, 07:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacCovert4

Quote from: The Rock Doctor on April 11, 2024, 08:33:50 PMCertainly a powerful customer.  Her dimensions will prevent her from using the Trans-Eryka Canal but you know that already.

Is the 40mm layout correct? Should those singles be quads?

The conning tower thicknesses seem kind of oddly intermediate?

It's a choice.   Honestly I don't need her in the Pacific,  especially now with Parthia and Japan as friendlies. 

And yes, good catch on the 40s, arch.

The bridge armor is an affectation of the queen Fatimas mansions superstructure.   Armor that is proof against secondary or cruiser fire and extensive redundancy instead of a single Conning tower that might still not protect from the shock of a hit.  Balancing towards a less cramped and more efficient working environment rather than maximizing protection.
His Most Honorable Majesty,  Ali the 8th, Sultan of All Aztecs,  Eagle of the Sun, Jaguar of the Sun, Snake of the Sun, Seal of the Sun, Whale of the Sun, Defender of the Faith, Keeper of the Teachings of Allah most gracious and merciful.

TacCovert4

Joy, I get to do major design work all over again....since I lost so many files when my old computer died.  I won't be doing any more of the Old DDs for refit, but I really do need to do refurbs on my M class BBs, the R-class Razees, and refits of my older fleet replenishment ships......now to decide when that's appropriate.
His Most Honorable Majesty,  Ali the 8th, Sultan of All Aztecs,  Eagle of the Sun, Jaguar of the Sun, Snake of the Sun, Seal of the Sun, Whale of the Sun, Defender of the Faith, Keeper of the Teachings of Allah most gracious and merciful.