Modern Ships for Sapa Inca

Started by maddox, December 23, 2020, 12:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

Cuzco, Sapa Inca Palace. Interesting times (late HY02 1914, after the big naval clashes of 1914..)

Kachi, it seems our older ships are about as usefull as a second bellybutton.

Yes Cápac, and it also seems our chosen path with the Fingers and hand approach could be better. On the other hand, the Battletenders look very promising.
And the 2 other modern units are a work in progress, our crews can't even get the basic abilities to shine, let stand being elite with them. Will take more time and especialy expensive training with them.
We also have to rethink the role of our sailing frigates and cruisers. Those ships can't even come close to a modern warship in a stand up fight.

Yes, that is obvious, but our lorekeepers are distilling the information.
On the sailing vessels.  We keep them on the list as training ships and loan then out to our diplomatic service.  When time comes to refit them, that refit will be used to take out some armament, some armor most of the ammo magazines, and use that space/weight for opulent diplomatic staterooms and the most modern instruments we have available to train our cadets. But what fleet mix do you suggest?

As long we stay committed to coast defence, torpedo craft and a few heavy units that can support the coastal fortifications seem the best option. The Samanna are still in development, but can be a nice addition to the coastal fortifications. On land, the TAZ is progressing fine, but we need to increase the tempo on railway construction. Massively, if we want to use those guns to support the naval component.  And we need more condors to see for the longer ranged guns.

And, I know there is a surplus in the treasure atm. Could we ask for more foreign ships?   Maybe buy some of the Roman or Aztec ships heavely damaged in the Carribean, even scrapping them could learn us a lot of the special tricks?  We could tow them to Manaus.

Hmm, I don't like to dip deep in that surplus, but hey, if you can find funds to buy foreign ships, wrecks or not, please do so. The treasury will pay 50% of the purchases.

maddox

A few days later, Lima,

Kachi's villa. A select few gathered to look at the issue. Sapa Inca's reluctance to free up funds for new ships and technologies and the challenge to find ways to shake the funding tree...

Guys, it's not helping, all those mad plans. No, Mico, you're not going to steal warships... Especialy not ones from a nation that is way more powerfull than our realm.

Lord, you asked us to find ways to aquire modern warships. Stealing them is cheap, fast and probably easy.  Look how the Flagship hoax went...

No, no, and another no.  Stealing is against our most basic rules in life, and endangering the realm ...  One more remark in this line and I'll personaly will send you to the Mit'a roadworks in the Atacama. 

Can't we sell ships?  Our oldest vessels are so obsolete they are just moneypits without added value. And some countries are willing to buy them. Our Japanese friends for example.

I don't think Sapa Inca will be very enthousiastic about selling his ships. He even specified the future role of our sailing vessels. And I see another hurdle.  Selling ships to Japan will damage our diplomatic status of "impeccable neutral". A good point tough. I'll take this up with the Lorekeepers.
But for now, lets feast, all this madness made my throat dry and my brain hot.

A few hours later, the office of Hunu Kuraka Achiyaku.

Oh, this could get interesting. It seems our noble Army Overseeër has plans to go behind Sapa Inca's back...  I can use this, lets give him some foxes assistance.

The Rock Doctor

I didn't even think about stealing other people's ships...

*Looks at Mayans*

maddox

Lord Kachi,

We got some interesting design from our Aztec friends.  They propose a ship that , on paper, can go toe to toe with the most heavy battleships, build or planned, and survive the meeting, and chew out the next fleet after minor repairs.  If the enemy wishes to engage. 
Unfortunatly, the design is so advanced, we can't build it ourselfs , not for at least a decade.  They can.

What is the "Least common multiple" on this ship?

It's slow, compared to the "potential enemies".

Annoying, but it can be an advantage if the enemy doesn't expect the ace upon our sleeve.

Desertfox

Kogoro was a bit puzzled by the latest message. He was supposed to inquire into the possible purchase of secondhand warships, and according to the message, older and bigger was better. It appeared to be a general one sent to all the ambassadors around the world, but his job wasn't to question but to do as he was asked. Besides there where rumors that the Inca wanted to sell off some older ship, or perhaps they where looking to buy. His knowledge of the Inca language was getting better but not there yet. It couldn't hurt to ask around.
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

maddox

Cuzco, Imperial palace,

Yes Kachi, I do agree on the fact that upgrading our oldest vessels is like pearls for the swines. But selling them to the Japanese will diminish our neutral standing in the worlds affairs. 

Sapa Inca... anybody with 2 braincells rubbing together will know we're just selling obsolete ships for scrapping. Not a real advantage to the Japanese, except a once off pitifull windfall in raw materials.  And it will boost our surplus like you asked.   It's also a rather kept silent fact that the crews of the Catequils are the core of the transfering modern, foreign vessels....  The  ships are just keeping up in port atm with a caretaker crew chewing up resources without any benefit.

That, is a very good point, and if you would tought of it.  With bigger ships we concentrate more people in a very tiny spot if looked upon the expanse of our coast.  I don't like to lose people at all, and if possible, with the greatest return to the sacrifice as possible. But our potential adversaries think in big ships, so they will discount the monkeys fingers, and hunt for the jaguars torso.
So, we need a Tatou to draw in the opposition.    I was informed you have some "lines out" in that respect.  Follow them, and hopefully, my blessing if the picture pleases Inti.