A New Age for the Incan People

Started by maddox, March 13, 2020, 01:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

Interesting times

A chasqui brings a message tube to the navy commander at Lima.

In short.  She needs to send 2 times 400 sailors with Heavy Coast Defence ship experience to the Aztec yards to train and after than, sail the Battletenders to their new posting. A personel and logistics conumdrum.... 

maddox

Cusco, Sapa Inca palace,

A private meeting with one of the loreseekers.

How can our fishermen eat this?   Tastes bitter, sour and is incredebly chewy. 
That is why I brought it to you Sapa Inca. Nobody eats this as a fresh squid steak. Other squids can be eaten like that, but this one, a very prolific species along our coast, needs serious preparation. But nothing our industrious people can't handle.   
An industrial scale facility started up last week, and that is why I brought you this to compare. 3 samples , the first one is like a fishermen would have eaten it 300 years ago, if he didn't have anything else.  The second one is prepared like a normal dish, prepared like many a fishermens wifes would have served it to their families.
Ah, simple, wholesome food, a welcome change to the court dishes. And yes, a lot better than the first sample.
The third sample is prapered the same way, but with the industrialy processed squid. 
Oh my, it's a lot easier to chew, the taste of the meat still is noticeable, but not unpleasant nor bland. And this is what you call processed?
In any case, a good report with real life examples. I approve. Are you following up the culinary lines of loregathering, or was this random?

Random, Sapa Inca. And it was luck I got trough the selection to bring you my little part of the worlds lore.

On the other side, following the culinary lore isn't a bad selection.  I already know that the Japanese "ShÄ«fÅ«doresutoran" around their Lima embassy, didn't catch up yet, but I'm curious how they will tackle the taste issue.

Go with my blessing, loreseeker.

(with thanks to Rockies tentacle remark)

The Rock Doctor

Soon the Incan Squid-Harvester fleets shall be everywhere.

maddox

Submariners are also called Squids....

The Rock Doctor

I mean if the Incans want to dine on their own submarines, who am I to judge?

maddox

I see a lack of Inca submarines.   

Also, contrary to the slander currently dispersed (but OOC historicaly plausible), Inca don't eat the meat of their saviour.  Maybe their enemies, maybe even of their own leaders.

https://vimeo.com/26542567