Privacy Policy Created

Started by Guinness, March 09, 2020, 01:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guinness

As you may have noticed if you just logged in, I've added a privacy policy to the forum.

This was triggered by (but not required by) Europe's GDPR and California's CCPA. The very short version is, the forum stores a minimal amount of data about users:

• IP Address: It's impossible to hide your IP address, it's required for anything on the internet to work. The forum software makes uses of IP address to enable certain administrative functions, and logs are created which include the IP address and corresponding username when you visit the forum. Those logs are stored for approximately a year before I (irregularly) purge them.
  • Email Address: Email address is used for communication between the forum and its users. It is never published nor shown to other users, with the exception of forum admins.
  • Birthdate: You can optionally provide your birthdate in your forum profile. This is principally used for happy birthday messages, and for no other purpose.

The forum also stores cookies on browsers for certain functionality, like keeping users logged in. These cookies are *not* used for user tracking purposes other than those which make the forum function.

None of this data is ever shared with any third party. As you know, there forum has no ads, nor is there any intent to put ads on the forum. Personal data granted to Navalism is never monetized for any purpose.

You can read the privacy policy here. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me.