United States of America 1904/H1

Started by snip, May 24, 2016, 05:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snip

See attached, but the highlights are:

Lay down of three additional Vermont class battleships.
Lay down of two additional Morgantown class cruisers.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Walter

Something I completely missed (and hate to bring up)... With your revenue being between $125 and $150, the cost of your ICs should be $30 and not $25. I just notice this in the H1/03 and H2/03 reports as well...
QuoteA nation with $51 income will pay $15 per IC. A nation with $76 income will pay $20 per IC
... which would mean that $101 will be $25 and $126 will be $30...

snip

-Siegfried Sassoon

Walter

Unfortunately that will require a bit more juggling than just changing a few revenue numbers (which is why I hated to bring it up) because the inability to complete an IC for the next HY means that you will have less revenue for that HY. Looking at the reports, in H2/03, after corrections in H1/03 and H2/03, you do not have enough revenue left for that 6th IC in the Midwest meaning you only have 5 ICs there in H1/04 and a revenue of $146.72. Editing the H1/04 report, building the 6th, 7th and 8th ICs for the Midwest means that you are then left with only $25.34 to spend on those three South ICs so those two listed as being complete at the end of H1/04 are in reality not complete so will not give you any revenue in H2/04.

Kaiser Kirk

Quote from: Walter on May 29, 2016, 08:46:19 AM
Unfortunately that will require a bit more juggling than just changing a few revenue numbers (which is why I hated to bring it up) because the inability to complete an IC for the next HY means that you will have less revenue for that HY. Looking at the reports, in H2/03, after corrections in H1/03 and H2/03, you do not have enough revenue left for that 6th IC in the Midwest meaning you only have 5 ICs there in H1/04 and a revenue of $146.72. Editing the H1/04 report, building the 6th, 7th and 8th ICs for the Midwest means that you are then left with only $25.34 to spend on those three South ICs so those two listed as being complete at the end of H1/04 are in reality not complete so will not give you any revenue in H2/04.

Good point, there's a cascading effect there.
Did they beat the drum slowly,
Did they play the fife lowly,
Did they sound the death march, as they lowered you down,
Did the band play the last post and chorus,
Did the pipes play the flowers of the forest

snip

If you want me to go redo them all, dont expect 1904H2 for a long time.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Kaiser Kirk

Quote from: snip on May 29, 2016, 11:09:07 AM
If you want me to go redo them all, don't expect 1904H2 for a long time.

I realize what a pain redoing multiple reports would be- especially as the additional revenue from the ICs was spent each HY. Which means you'd have less to spend on construction, potentially changing those values...etc etc. Very annoying.

So while it *does* need correction, I personally wouldn't mind if you added up the revenue excess & needed additional IC expenditure, and just dumped that as a big negative "correction factor" in one HY's report. That makes the correction, but with minimal pain.
Did they beat the drum slowly,
Did they play the fife lowly,
Did they sound the death march, as they lowered you down,
Did the band play the last post and chorus,
Did the pipes play the flowers of the forest

snip

Quote from: Kaiser Kirk on May 29, 2016, 11:30:09 AM
Quote from: snip on May 29, 2016, 11:09:07 AM
If you want me to go redo them all, don't expect 1904H2 for a long time.
I personally wouldn't mind if you added up the revenue excess & needed additional IC expenditure, and just dumped that as a big negative "correction factor" in one HY's report. That makes the correction, but with minimal pain.

Was already doing that with the Fort error for H2, so was planning on it again. Unless there is major objection, I will just do that here.
-Siegfried Sassoon