Main Menu

A-H 1870 H1

Started by KWorld, November 08, 2013, 01:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KWorld

The A-H initial turn.  Paying for the army and navy, upgrading the equipment of the Landwehr, and laying down 2 new central-battery ironclads.

Darman

in the army section you might want to edit the section to reflect that we are paying for individual regiments and so the artillery rating or fighting power rating of the combined regiments aren't as important anymore.  it would simply remove several columns from the spreadsheet. 

Also, in the navy section, are we simply keeping track of the numbers of vessels and not their statuses?  Previously for capital ships especially we would track the location and status of individual vessels, and in your report it appears you're lumping them all together.  I'm wondering if this is how you would like us to do it. 

KWorld

Updated the army section to remove the unneeded column.

As far as the navy section goes, I'm not too hung up about how things are identified, as long as it's clear.  If you have ships at different activity levels, more details will be needed than if everything is at the same level (like the Austrians are on January 1, 1870).  I've updated the locations, though, because that needs to be specified, and because the A-H navy won't fit into only 1 of their ports.

Jefgte

You made great work KW.

I made just a comment...

This is a report too complicated to recruit new members.
We are not numerous.
I suggest to do a single sheet for each weapon.
-Marine
-Army
-Aviation.
...Remove fuel management.

Generaly, is it possible to have made a lighter repport ?

Jef
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

KWorld

Quote from: Jefgte on November 12, 2013, 02:59:56 AM
You made great work KW.

I made just a comment...

This is a report too complicated to recruit new members.
We are not numerous.
I suggest to do a single sheet for each weapon.
-Marine
-Army
-Aviation.
...Remove fuel management.

Generaly, is it possible to have made a lighter repport ?

The way I have it laid out now, there's the basic budget tab, there's construction tabs for infrastructure, ships, and land forces, there's status tabs for infrastructure, the navy, and land forces, then there's a combined status and construction tab for coast defences.  (The tabs for Zeppelins and air units are left overs from previous runs, I expect they'd be used as a starting point when tech gets to there.)

Combining the construction tabs and status tabs is certainly POSSIBLE, it just results in a very long sheet that you have to scroll up and down on a lot.  Myself, I'd rather have a separate tab, but that's personal preference.

The fuel management: OK, I'm puzzled by this issue.  It, to me, seems very easy: for a new class, put in the range, cruise speed, and bunnker size for a class, then after that the amount of fuel used by the class will be used to help calculate the maintenance of the class.  The fuel part is done once, then everything is managed by the status letter, you the player don't do any "fuel management".  Are we talking about two different things?  Am I misunderstanding things?

KWorld

Another update to the A-H H1 turn: I forgot that Split was only a class B fleet base, so it couldn't handle all the ships based there, so some ships had to move to Pola.  Some additional spar-torpedo boats are being built, and Split is being expanded to handle all the ships the KuK Marine would LIKE to base there.

I've also reordered the tabs.

KWorld

Whoops: when I cut the columns with the army regiments firepower, I forgot that I hadn't cut the entire column, so the maintenance costs for the army went to 0.  Fixed (which cost the Austrians the extra torpedo boats and building up Split).

Darman

lol, I'm waiting for you to finish fiddling with the spreadsheet before I work on mine, I already have a rough spreadsheet all ready but I'm not making any plans just yet.  I'm still finishing my start-up worksheets anyways. 

Jefgte

I note that in your spreadsheat, you use for coastal batteries
305, 240 & 150 mm guns
Did I use same value for 240-194-140?
What is the value for parapet installation ?
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

KWorld

The A-H sheet for new and improved coast guns hasn't been updated, mostly because they haven't used it yet.

The values to use for 240, 194, & 140mm guns are covered in http://www.navalism.org/index.php/topic,5927.msg78173.html#msg78173, along with the costs for parapet mounts.

KWorld

Drat, found a ... flaw ... in the coast defence upkeep that's been there all along.  It's not so much an error as an assumption that the user would update the values in the Upkeep calculation column, which really isn't necessary since the Value column was already included.