snip

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

KWorld

Nobody

I found the following (wikipedia). Proposed start years, otl occurrence was 3 years later.
1893: early experiments, ~5 km range
1903: first practical radio towers, over 1000 km range
1906: Arc transmitters, ~5000 km range
1908: unreliable international connections

snip

I realy dont think we need to add a tech for this.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Tanthalas

Im with snip, its at or before startup (at as the case aparently is)so dont realy need a rule.

Quote from: snip on October 17, 2012, 03:31:49 PM
I realy dont think we need to add a tech for this.
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

Delta Force

Are weapon mounts purchased for each caliber or for each specific gun design? For example, if we have a twin 10"/40 mount do we need to develop a 10"/45 mount, or is the old 10/40 mount usable for it? I'm thinking it's probably a new one per weapon but just want to doublecheck.

Also, if we want to use machine guns on warships do we need to develop the guns and mounts for naval purposes, or can we assume that everything 0.50" and smaller is a freebie unless we do something like make quadruple mounts?

Nobody

Quote from: Delta Force on November 09, 2012, 01:43:29 AM
if we have a twin 10"/40 mount do we need to develop a 10"/45 mount
Yes.
Quoteis the old 10/40 mount usable for it?
No.

QuoteAlso, if we want to use machine guns on warships do we need to develop the guns and mounts for naval purposes, or can we assume that everything 0.50" and smaller is a freebie unless we do something like make quadruple mounts?
By the rules you would need to develop them. But personally I would tolerate infantry handguns as not needing extra research.

Tanthalas

Im with Nobody on the small weapons.  If its like your general purpose Machine Gun I see no problem whatsoever.
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

Delta Force

My Tsesarevich class already has five weapons categories. If I want to add another category (I need more torpedo boat defense guns) how would I go about doing that?

KWorld

I'm not aware of any way that you can do so within SS itself..  Besides, Tsesarevich already has an anti-TB battery, the 3" guns.

Delta Force

Quote from: KWorld on November 11, 2012, 03:17:00 AM
I'm not aware of any way that you can do so within SS itself..  Besides, Tsesarevich already has an anti-TB battery, the 3" guns.

I want to add casemate guns too, although I suppose I can just leave it the way it is as an experimental design.

Nobody

Well if you put them below deck, SpringSharp sometimes assumes them to be casemate guns as well.