New Game Iteration, New Administrators

Started by Guinness, May 12, 2012, 06:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guinness

You may have noticed I've cleaned up a bit.

I've also added Carthaginian and Snip as Administrators. If the forum goes blank, blame them. :)

Carthaginian

Thanks for the keys, daddy-o... we'll try not to crash the car. ;)
So 'ere's to you, Fuzzy-Wuzzy, at your 'ome in old Baghdad;
You're a pore benighted 'eathen but a first-class fightin' man;
We gives you your certificate, an' if you want it signed
We'll come an' 'ave a romp with you whenever you're inclined.

Guinness

I want to clarify roles and responsibilities for the new iteration of the game.

Carthaginian and Snip have taken on the responsibility of mastering the new game, as well as moderating the forum itself. With them lies all the rights and responsibilities related therein, including membership decisions, game moderation, day to day forum care and feeding, rule making and rulings, arbitration, etc. Decisions they make are their own, and they are final arbiters. Normally in the past the moderation team has selected new members to replace members who no longer were able to commit to the time and effort required. This time their selection happened, essentially, by acclimation, but do know that Miketr, Ctwaterman, and myself discussed the change in governance before assenting to it.

I sadly, as much as I'd like to, don't have time to play right now. I'll concentrate my free time on keeping the site up, keeping the spammers at bay, keeping our good standing with search engines, and occasional commentary from the peanut gallery. Please direct day to day questions, issues, complaints, kudos, vitriol, etc. to Carthaginian and Snip.

And remember: have fun! It's only a game.

snip

I want to take this opportunity to thank Guinness for his role in the continued upkeep of the forum. It makes the time I can spend on this able to be more directed at helping keep the sim going. That should hopefully lead to a more enjoyable experience for all involved. If the time is ever there, Im sure that all of us would welcome you back as a player.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Darman