Lotsa people... Little activity

Started by Carthaginian, July 15, 2011, 12:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthaginian

So it begs the question...
How far along is everyone in their nation-building efforts? ;D
*hey, I mean, I gotta ask SOMETHING to get people talking*

Personally, I have a governmental structure, general timeline, some ideas as to filling in the gaps, and a solid plan for my start-up navy (to be refined upon rules release).

What about everyone else
So 'ere's to you, Fuzzy-Wuzzy, at your 'ome in old Baghdad;
You're a pore benighted 'eathen but a first-class fightin' man;
We gives you your certificate, an' if you want it signed
We'll come an' 'ave a romp with you whenever you're inclined.

TexanCowboy

Ya'll have seen my timeline, and ya'll have seen my naval plan, anyways. I also have a government plan, as referened in the timelines, and the gaps, for the most part, are filled in.

Don't have the last part down, however. I'm currently working on an "in-detail" army timeline to complement my "in-detail" naval timeline.

I would appriciate some more feedback on those parts that I have posted, anyways.

Tanthalas

my timeline is done to 1850 (im only doing one so it will have lots of short entries).  My Goverment type is selected and somewhat filled out (its a play on a Theocracy with some wiered aditions but its as close as I can figure out to how Utah was before it was a Teritory).  My Constitution is about oh 50% written (im borowing heavily from several OTL documents). Many of my primary personel have been chosen (im making several breaks with OTL so I had to look a bit)
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

Walter

A few ship designs here and there...
... a little bit of an idea how the Navy will look like...
... an idea for the army uniforms...
... looking at a few characters from the past...
... moving mountains...
... stealing art...
... and a few other things. :)

snip

Backstory: Check. Still need one (or more) of the China's willing to exile some Taoists ;D
Government: Check
Army: Idea of how to implement, but waiting on the rules for the exact how.
Navy: Same as Army. Several early designs, but dont know how many or what others I need yet.
Royal Linage: Pulled completely out of my rear, but done. Names but not much else aside from the ones alive at the start fleshed out.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Desertfox

Well I have a general idea overall, but most of my history and plans are dependent on other people so I am basically waiting on them and on the rules. I have plenty of time on my hands, but really nothing to do.
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

TexanCowboy

BTW, Foxy, I never got a response to that last PM about the Second Texican War...

Walter

Snip, why on earth do you need one or more exiled Taoists? None of them in Wei BTW.

... maybe a Taoist diplomat could work...

Tanthalas

DF ill post my timeline as soon as I figure out how to explain the Rampant growth of my population in a way I find both acceptable and beliveable.  That should give you some idea on my direction, I can tell you this much atleast, You are likley to have had Substantial parts of my nation as late as 1860 (im still playing aorund with the absorption of california and the south west)
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

snip

Quote from: Walter on July 15, 2011, 02:31:05 PM
Snip, why on earth do you need one or more exiled Taoists? None of them in Wei BTW.

... maybe a Taoist diplomat could work...

*Hides attempted ultra-explosive political brew* No reason, no reason whatsoever ;D

Realy, I just want my nation to be a bit more ethically diverse then just Russians, Jews and natives. I guess its also a bit of wanting to hang onto the Middle Kingdom. The plans I had...(hides Mao)
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Nobody

Since I'll be using the OTL timeline as much as possible, I hope I don't have to write too much myself. Some things have to change though, but they mostly depend on others (or so I assume).
I don't really know how the goverment or politics worked back then, instead I have my own ideas about that pretty much ready. I'm likely going to use real names there.

Everything else concerning the startup will depend nearly entirely on the rules, so nothing I can do about now.

Walter

QuoteI just want my nation to be a bit more ethically diverse then just Russians, Jews and natives.
I think it is easily possible that some Chinese fled from the region when China split up and ended up in your area.

Darman

I have only written out my naval ideas, no ships yet. 
The army is slowly forming (in my head).  I guess my only desire there is for a militia to be a little more feasible. 
The government will be a republic, and I'm afraid I haven't done too much work in the area of the history of my country which is going to have a lot to do with what form the republic will take.  If anyone who's good with politics etc wants a challenge (working with me) and on top of that would like to help design a government/history then I could use the help.  I understand everyone is busy with their own scheming though. 

TexanCowboy

Dar, I can help if you want. If you can PM me your ideas, I think I help you...

Carthaginian

Me too, Dar.
We need to get together and work on some stuff as far as our 'Winter Wars' as well.
PM me, name some dates/times that will be convenient, and we'll try to make something fit.
So 'ere's to you, Fuzzy-Wuzzy, at your 'ome in old Baghdad;
You're a pore benighted 'eathen but a first-class fightin' man;
We gives you your certificate, an' if you want it signed
We'll come an' 'ave a romp with you whenever you're inclined.