Main Menu

Paris Temps

Started by maddox, March 21, 2007, 11:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

January 1906.

A message distributed to all nations and merchant compagnies.

QuoteDue the large shift in the economical world the  Compagnie Universelle du Canal Maritime de Suez needs to reorganise and refinance.  All users of the Suez Canal are hereby invited for a shareholders meeting fevrier 15 1906

Le President du Compagnie Universelle du Canal Maritime de Suez 

The Rock Doctor

Representatives from Gran Colombia's transportation sector can be expected to attend, though I don't know how much use GC actually makes of Suez.

maddox

OOC

Currently about 8% of the worlds total shipping passes trough the Suez.  And everything sails trough, from Norwegian 20 000 tons bulk carriers to 150 000 tons Venezuelan tankers.

I don't think is was much different in the 1900's, except ship size

Earl822

A representative from the United Norman Kingdom will be in attendence.

P3D

The representatives of Orange shipping firms will attend - they own a few percent of the stocks in Compagnie universelle du canal maritime de Suez S.A.
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Borys

Ballplatz
The Suez Channel is of vital interest to the Apostolic Monarchy - thus a Habsburg envoy will nobilitate the base mercantile proceedings with his august presence.
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!

Desertfox

Due to the recent sale of French CBs, NS will boycott this meeting. However the SSS will be present (if not visible)
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Ithekro

The Westron will send a representative for the shipping companies of the Mark.

khymerion

The Baltic Confederation would like to send a minor fact finding representative out to test the waters and see what it is like for possible investment... if allowed.
Hopelessly trapped behind mountains of outdated miniature games.

swamphen

Count von Bülow will be in attendance...

(It's Alive!!!)

maddox

@ Desertfox
The Suez Canal is blocked to all New Swiss shipping since the insults began in 1900.  So I don't see much difference. But even with that, certain NS shipping magnates got the invitation.

@ Borys.  Admiral Geon is still in Vienna, as ambassador de facto. He's fidgetting his ass off, only entertained by the Middle Kingdom envoy Pu Lun.

@ Khymerion

Diplomatic post.

QuoteFrom the offices of Foreign Affaires

Glorious France would like to invite the Baltic League  for the new round of negotiations about the use of the Suez Canal.
As neighbors in a peacefull Europe since the HelveticGermano-French Wars what caused the Baltics to get to power we are obliged to keep the proseperety in Europe. Even after the rough spot with the Communist rebelion.

Minister of Foreign Affairs. JM Capet.

Borys

OOC
Lot's of work and full time daddy :)
I will get into play in full swing on Sunday.

Borys
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!

maddox

@ Desertfox. The CCBB's aren't sold yet. Minister Capet is awaiting the reply on that.

@ Borys and Phoenix

QuoteVienna, offices of Admiral Geon ,

Honored Prince Pu Lun,
My governement, under Premier Paixhans,  invites your Grace Especialy, to observe or even participate in the New Suez Canal agreements. 

Also, Minister Capet expressed his eagerness to meet you.

Admiral  Français Geon

maddox

15 February 1906 Paris, Hotel napoleon.

QuoteGentlemen, after this Lumiere about the Suez canal operations and the involved costs,
We of the Compagnie Universelle du Canal Maritime de Suez are awaiting your individual and privatly made offers.

After the light dinner the hotel staff has prepared for us, me and my collegues are at your service to answer individual questions

Ithekro

Himself the Honored Thrawn of the Firajrim requests knowledge of the five eCoastal Battleship's costs, that the Empire might pay the French the vessel's worth in half their original price to thus obtain their use to defend the lands of our fathers.

(Half price is probably around $15)