You got mail...

Started by Desertfox, April 09, 2007, 12:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock Doctor

If they did the engine research, then they're peachy.

Tanthalas

Quote from: The Rock Doctor on September 05, 2008, 07:25:09 PM
If they did the engine research, then they're peachy.

as if I wouldnt LOL.  Even though I plan to reform the NS a bit on protection issues, I'm still a Closet Speed freak
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

Desertfox

The strange thing is that the new batch of Battlecruisers around have even LESS armor than most of my NS designs! :o

I still think the Night Fighting Tech should be at least reworded. Starshells, I think should come before nightscopes, and a starting level tech introduced as the 1908 looks somewhat advanced.
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Tanthalas

Quote from: Desertfox on September 06, 2008, 08:37:54 PM
The strange thing is that the new batch of Battlecruisers around have even LESS armor than most of my NS designs! :o

I still think the Night Fighting Tech should be at least reworded. Starshells, I think should come before nightscopes, and a starting level tech introduced as the 1908 looks somewhat advanced.

my decks are lighter I will agree but they are heavier than historical, and my belts, upper, and ends are heavier.  In this era Plunging Fire isnt an issue (realy wasnt even in WW1 well unless you were British) I intend to build my Makensens (they realy were the first Fast BBs ) as the strong arm of the fleet (I realy should start laying them down LOL)
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

Desertfox

Oh I wasn't talking about your designs (which have even more armor than my BBs!) but about the current rash of battlecruisers and especially heavy cruisers with <7" belts. Some of the designs floating around make Interceptor (4" belt) look balanced, and Constellation (7" belt) look like a battleship!

Tanthalas

Quote from: Desertfox on September 07, 2008, 12:56:04 AM
Oh I wasn't talking about your designs (which have even more armor than my BBs!) but about the current rash of battlecruisers and especially heavy cruisers with <7" belts. Some of the designs floating around make Interceptor (4" belt) look balanced, and Constellation (7" belt) look like a battleship!

well maybee if I can get enough of them built to be usefull (say like 6) they will come as a surprise to someone (looks at Maoria you want some yah thats what I thought)
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

Korpen

Hm, USNSS Independance seems AWFULLY familliar...  :-*
Card-carrying member of the Battlecruiser Fan Club.

Tanthalas

Quote from: Korpen on September 09, 2008, 01:36:31 PM

... that it should I copied it from you after all (I was having a hell of a time making 25 knots work on 48k shp) would you like a developer credit on her?  ^.^  im actualy still playing with that hull I just posted it so there would be somthing legit instead of the 27 knot ones I built (but couldnt build due to tech restrictions)
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

Korpen

Quote from: Tanthalas on September 09, 2008, 02:23:37 PM

... that it should I copied it from you after all (I was having a hell of a time making 25 knots work on 48k shp) would you like a developer credit on her?  ^.^  im actualy still playing with that hull I just posted it so there would be somthing legit instead of the 27 knot ones I built (but couldnt build due to tech restrictions)
No need for credit as such, but if building what amounts to clones, some in-character comment about why would be fun. :)

PC   1    Marlin           3005
PC   1    Hake             3005
Marlin was sunk by the french in the indian ocena incedent, and Hake was destroyed at Buru

Tanthalas

Quote from: Korpen on September 09, 2008, 04:40:29 PM
Quote from: Tanthalas on September 09, 2008, 02:23:37 PM

No need for creadit as such, but if building what amounts to clones, some in-character comment about why would be fun. :)

PC   1    Marlin           3005
PC   1    Hake             3005
Marline was sunk by the french in the indian ocena incedent, and Hake was destroyed at Buru

kk ill make the changes acordingly (im still finding ships I have that wernt sunk and purging ones that were sunk)
To win or lose it all!"

1612 to 1650

Korpen

Orientation: This ship Encyclopaedia is a reference document to show what the fleet have or is building.

Strong suggestion: Keep it that way, and do not put design studies and future plans here among the in-service ships. It is confusing and makes it hard to keep track as what is actually in existence, and what is just plans and ideas. 
We have after all ship discussion forums for showing of or debating designs. Until you have decided on a design and laid it down, keep it out of the encyclopaedia.   

Jefgte

On your 5900t cruiser:
"Main Belt covers 97 % of normal length
     Main belt does not fully cover magazines and engineering spaces"

;)
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

Desertfox

For all of you who where inquiring about technologies, the updated Swiss Tech Trees are up and running.

Desertfox

The Navy section has been cleaned up and updated. Should be accurate for all ships DD size and up.

TexanCowboy

How many planes are on the Tuna-carrier?