July 16-17 Forum Upgrade README and Discussion

Started by Guinness, July 16, 2011, 08:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sachmle

Quote from: Guinness on July 17, 2011, 01:26:30 PM
Ok people see the moderator button because almost everyone is a moderator somewhere (mostly in the encyclopedia for N3). I'll strip those perms and see if it helps.

What do you guys see if you click the admin button?

Mine is  gone now, but as of last night it asked for a password (which mine worked for) and from there I could assign people to groups, including "Global Moderator". I did not, and as I said, now it is gone.
"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim

Guinness

Ok, I think I found it. Buried deep in the perms after the upgrade, it had set the permission to allow all users to assign other members to groups. Not a good thing. I'll keep cleaning up.

This is why I take daily backups. :)

TexanCowboy

I don't have an admin buttons, so nothing ATM.

Tanthalas

admin button is gone, or id click it and tell ya.
"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

Guinness

Ok, I've removed everyone's extra mod powers over various archived forums. I've also removed some special groups. If you no longer have access to a forum and  you need something from in there, let me know.

When I set up new encyclopedia forums, I'm going to do access control a different way which will make management easier (I hope).