Site Issues Since Friday

Started by Guinness, April 25, 2022, 07:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guinness

This site has been down frequently since Friday. I've not been able to get through to support this morning via chat or phone. I'll try again later when the mountain timezone is awake.

They did leave this message on their support site:

QuoteKnown Issues
We are aware of an issue that may affect your ability to access your website or Control Panel. Our teams have been working to resolve this issue as soon as possible. We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

As a 24 year IT professional (jeez I'm old), that is, in my professional opinion, vague. From the symptoms I'm seeing they may be under some sort of attack, or have been having a network meltdown.

I'm planning to be funemployed in June. I may get bored and move the site finally, as the hosting plan renews on July 11. If so, I'll post about plans here.

The Rock Doctor

Kaiser Kirk

Yep thanks for the update
AND the labor.

Fun thing about being a couple decades into a career is the new folks...
weren't born when you started it....that one made me feel old.
Did they beat the drum slowly,
Did they play the fife lowly,
Did they sound the death march, as they lowered you down,
Did the band play the last post and chorus,
Did the pipes play the flowers of the forest

TacCovert4

Don't I know it.  Rookies today.....I'm old enough to be their dad.
His Most Honorable Majesty,  Ali the 8th, Sultan of All Aztecs,  Eagle of the Sun, Jaguar of the Sun, Snake of the Sun, Seal of the Sun, Whale of the Sun, Defender of the Faith, Keeper of the Teachings of Allah most gracious and merciful.

The Rock Doctor

I've felt the same way of late, being 25 years into my career as of next month. 

snip

It's funny how ones age arises differently in various community settings. While I think I'm ether the youngest or second youngest active user here, a group for an older video game (released in 2014) I'm one of the older members.

Funny note on how educators know when to retire; when a student willing shares the fact that you taught one or both parents. Happened to my dad.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Jefgte

I also had some connection issues...
I'm not talking about age...

Thanks Guinness for your work & time.
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf