E. Army

Started by AnchorSteam, August 08, 2020, 02:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnchorSteam

I will consolidate what I have here, as far as I know it needs to be generalized and as non-specific as possible.

What is really needed here?
our motto; apocalypse NOW

AnchorSteam

ARMY; the idea that half the Ethiopian Army lacks rifles is part propaganda, part misunderstanding. Melee weapons are carried by some; Mule Skinners have spears, officers have swords and Grenadiers have bolas (surprise!) but those are accessories and never primary weapons. Camp followers can carry Bows or Axes.
(yes, some in some units Soldiers go to war with their wives/girlfriends and not only does this improve morale' but it allows those units to skimp on support personnel ... such as cooks, medics and porters.
This does not apply to the Navy, nor to any units in Mozambique.)

The standard organization was standardized after much argument and hair-pulling.

At the lowest level, there are three men in a section; one veteran or outstanding recruit and two lesser soldiers that are to look to the 3rd man for guidance. Three of these plus a leader make up a Squad of ten men.
3 x Squads plus a command squad make up a Platoon of 40 men.
3 x Platoons + a MG Platoon + Command Platoon make up a Company of 160 men.
3 x Companies + Command + Cannon Company make up a Battalion of 600 men
3 x Battalions + Command & support make up a REGIMENT of 2,000 men, exactly.

This is the basic building-block of the Army, and can function independently if required.
3 x Regiments are basic to most Divisions, the only Brigades are Cavalry and are much more loosely defined at this time.

Small arms exist in two calibers; 7.92x57mm and the 6.5mm common to Rome.
The 7.92mm is common to the Infantry who cling to it because it is the smallest caliber that can deal effectively with the most dangerous wildlife in Africa. The 6.5mm is preferred by the Cavalry and Marines, who are also agitating for a semi-auto rifle in this caliber.

AnchorSteam

Mechanization, at our level..... would it look like this?

(a land-train is what they called it)

AnchorSteam

n/a

AnchorSteam

n/a