Main Menu

United Kingdom 1900/1

Started by Darman, July 31, 2014, 03:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darman

Darman

I ended up noticing a few mistakes in various formulas, all of which freed up money, and I'm not going to bother re-doing my report, I'm simply making the proper changes in my next report. 

snip

Quote from: Darman on August 04, 2014, 09:26:05 AM
I ended up noticing a few mistakes in various formulas, all of which freed up money, and I'm not going to bother re-doing my report, I'm simply making the proper changes in my next report.
What mistakes?
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Darman

I was charging myself double for special operations/misc spending.  I had to alter the research costs formula which saved me about $3.  There was something else too, I don't recall off-hand. 

snip

Quote from: Darman on August 04, 2014, 10:27:32 AM
I was charging myself double for special operations/misc spending.  I had to alter the research costs formula which saved me about $3.  There was something else too, I don't recall off-hand.
Can you post the formulas you changed?
-Siegfried Sassoon

Darman

Military spending: = SUM(E40:E47)+E50

E40:E47 is everything military
E50 is my special operations/misc spending

Remaining budget: = E35 - E59 - (E50+E57)

E35 is total budget
E59 is military spending (referenced formula is above)
E57 is economic spending
E50 is special operations/misc spending

So I simply eliminated E50 from the "remaining budget" formula, thus eliminating the doubled cost. 

Research
Original=IF(M42="n", N42 * IF(K42 - L42 > 0, (K42 - L42)^2 + 1, IF(K42 - L42 < 0, 1/(L42 - K42), 1)), IF(M42="y", 0.5,0))
Replacement=IF(M42 = "n", IF(K42-L42>0, EXP(0.321888*(K42-L42)), 0.05*(K42-L42) + 1), IF(M42 = "y", 0.5, 0))
This reflects my failure to notice that the Research cost rules had changed, from the stepladder (tech 1=$1, tech 2 = $2, tech 3= $4, etc) to a straight up $1 per tech but techs being researched earlier cost more (so I was researching aviation 2 years early and paying $5 under the old system but only $1.90 under the new system currently in the rules (formula retrieved from Logi's spreadsheet). 

snip

Ok, so your mods, not errors in the base sheet. Got it.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Darman

Yea, sorry for the mixup.  I just didn't quite go through line-by-line to change things until I noticed I was overpaying.  So I decided that a few dollars didn't make a big enough difference in 1900-1, I'd fix the problem for the future though.