Main Menu

Preferences

Started by KWorld, July 10, 2013, 09:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter

I knew something was off...

... I doubt there is a large section of land there in the South Atlantic that is owned by the US if we use the historical earth...

KWorld

Hah, yes.  Fixed.

As to the question of what parts of India does the UK control, the answer is Bombay, the Central Provinces, the Punjab, and Hyderabad.  Population approximately 90 million.

Logi

I think I might play Japan. By the by, I have on hand the World98+ map (8000x3859) converted into PNG.
The world is divided into the countries' internal subdivisions (provinces, states, etc.).

If there is a desire for the map, I will upload it. I've attached low res version of the file (4000x1929 JPG max compression) as a preview.

KWorld

Divisions that small are unnecessary.

Walter

It should be to make it more correct, but for the individual territories for each nation, it is probably better to use the more crude bits of land from the other map (PS, I'm still waiting for my piece of Chocolate lands... and I also need it for the Swiss guard to protect some things)
QuoteJPG max compression
Gyaaaaaagh!!! Super jpg compression!! My eyes hurt!!! :o ;D

KWorld

Quote from: Walter on August 06, 2013, 01:36:57 PM
It should be to make it more correct, but for the individual territories for each nation, it is probably better to use the more crude bits of land from the other map (PS, I'm still waiting for my piece of Chocolate lands... and I also need it for the Swiss guard to protect some things)

The Swiss Guard's already guarding the Pope, in Rome.  :)

Walter

It's not just the Pope. It's for some other things as well. If you have ever read the wiki bit on it, you'll probably know that in the past they did a lot more than just that and that the Swiss Constitution forbids them to do that now (with exception of protecting the Pope).

Delta Force

If we want a more precise map we can use a blank Victoria II map.

Logi

The Vic2 map is too detailed in some cases. There's too much division within large countries in which such is relatively unnecessary. Case in point, the USA and China.

However, I can go and clean up the map for our use - if we decide to use that map.