Polish Navy

Started by Delta Force, August 04, 2011, 11:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthaginian

Quote from: Korpen on September 24, 2011, 12:07:44 PM
True but incomplete (also re-read what is said, as sometimes you read what people write like the Devil reads the bible). "Birth of the battleship" goes into length about the debate about Inflexible. And her ends were no un-armoured, they just did not have a armoured belt.

Tow-may-tow, tah-mah-toe... same thing in the long run- and the same terminology used by hundreds of writes besides myself, Korpen. Go complain to them if you have an issue with the  semantics; I just repeat the evidence correlated by experts- I will admit that I am not an expert in naval engineering.
I also know that you are not either... we're both just enthusiasts who read the same thing differently.

Here you are plain simply wrong.
The area indicated by SS is 25m long, hence the turrets can be anywhere along those 25m, and nothing say they must be in identical positions. Do not try and add assumptions about SS placement that SS itself does not have.

Uhm... SS assumes they will be placed ON THE SIDES, FORWARD OF THE MIDBREAK.
Please look AGAIN at the drawing I posted. This vessel shows EXACTLY that layout... and he says this is not what he's going for. He then indicates the vessels I posted afterwards- vessels which clearly do NOT have that layout.

QuoteYou will never change my mind by argument, Korpen.
Wow, you sound like when one is discussing religion with people from Sea anemone churches.

When you spend all day trying to keep idiot doctors (who like to forget they are on call and go out drinking) from killing your patients, you get really good at arguing. ;) It's a professional skill.

Arguing about religion is something I really do precious little of... I've never seen a religion that explained anything better than mine, so there's little to argue about. 8)
So 'ere's to you, Fuzzy-Wuzzy, at your 'ome in old Baghdad;
You're a pore benighted 'eathen but a first-class fightin' man;
We gives you your certificate, an' if you want it signed
We'll come an' 'ave a romp with you whenever you're inclined.

Tanthalas

"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all!"

James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose
1612 to 1650
Royalist General during the English Civil War

Korpen

Quote from: Carthaginian on September 24, 2011, 10:25:59 PM
Tow-may-tow, tah-mah-toe... same thing in the long run- and the same terminology used by hundreds of writes besides myself, Korpen. Go complain to them if you have an issue with the  semantics; I just repeat the evidence correlated by experts- I will admit that I am not an expert in naval engineering.
I have no problem with sources, but it is a problem when you use limited explanations in sources to give a slanted and limited picture of the subject.
QuoteUhm... SS assumes they will be placed ON THE SIDES, FORWARD OF THE MIDBREAK.
On a flush-deck ship "midbreak" can be anywhere, and no one can say one is more correct then the other.
Exactly which picture are you referring to (as a bunch have been posted)?

QuoteWhen you spend all day trying to keep idiot doctors (who like to forget they are on call and go out drinking) from killing your patients, you get really good at arguing.  It's a professional skill.
If that is so, how come you can do it, as you are not exactly good at it?
Card-carrying member of the Battlecruiser Fan Club.

Carthaginian

Quote from: Korpen on September 26, 2011, 01:46:22 PM
On a flush-deck ship "midbreak" can be anywhere, and no one can say one is more correct then the other.

Korpen:
There is only ONE midbreak on a ship. As the midbreak on EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE SHIPS POSTED BY DELTA is positioned EXACTLY AT THE 50% mark, then we know exactly where the fucking thing is. It's not ANYWHERE... it's precisely at the exact spot where it is.

Technobabble that away, if you can.

Now, working from THAT, we have a VERY CLEAR picture of how the ship looks- both the turrets are on the side ON THE FORE HALF OF THE SHIP. They are NOT placed like the turrets on the Inflexible, the Duilio or the Colossus- they are placed like the guns on the Chen Yuen, with both guns forward of the halfway point of the ship, of the sides of the forward deck.

If you were looking at the Springsharps instead of trying to argue me into a corner, then you'd be a lot better off... arguing without a clear picture is a bad thing.

Quote from: Korpen on September 26, 2011, 01:46:22 PMExactly which picture are you referring to (as a bunch have been posted)?

Just read- I have no time for your inattentiveness.

Quote from: Korpen on September 26, 2011, 01:46:22 PMIf that is so, how come you can do it, as you are not exactly good at it?

How come you insist that guns can be anywhere they want to in relation to the midbreak, when in reality, they are placed in a static spot? And how come you say the midbreak can be anywhere it wants to be, when it is a fixed point on the ship?

Damn, Korpen- did you even LOOK at the Springsharps before arguing?
So 'ere's to you, Fuzzy-Wuzzy, at your 'ome in old Baghdad;
You're a pore benighted 'eathen but a first-class fightin' man;
We gives you your certificate, an' if you want it signed
We'll come an' 'ave a romp with you whenever you're inclined.