An Iberian Hood

Started by miketr, February 14, 2011, 06:37:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sachmle

I've always found it interesting that the armor for the steering gears (110mm directly over + 50mm deck above) is thicker than the protection for the machinery/magazines (95mm + 50mm). Seems counterproductive to me to have an exploded ship you can steer.
"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim

Logi

QuoteThe point is sorta moot also as we have no way to simulate the decaping effect of the upper belt for plunging fire or determine if a shell hits main, upper or ends.

Don't hurry me! I'm trying but the physics is making me barf all over the place :-(

miketr

Quote from: Logi on February 24, 2011, 12:51:12 PM
QuoteThe point is sorta moot also as we have no way to simulate the decaping effect of the upper belt for plunging fire or determine if a shell hits main, upper or ends.

Don't hurry me! I'm trying but the physics is making me barf all over the place :-(

The solution is custom to-hit tables for each ship.  The problem is creating them and needing 3 each or so for each ship. 

Short Range - trajectory will be flat no plunging deck hits.

Medium Range - again a mostly flat trajectory with some plunging hits but at poor impact angles.  So bonus to deck armor effective thickness.

Long Range - steep impact trajectories with deck hits very likely.

Michael