Main Menu

Orange News

Started by Nobody, February 12, 2010, 09:35:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nobody

Festivity organization bureau, Durban
"Look at this, the French entries for the race, " he said as he threw a stack of papers on the desk. "Hm..." the other man answered browsing through them. "Looks like Magnificent France just entered two very fast undergunned not-so-little torpedoboats, and nothing else. Not exactly my idea of 'showing the flag'." "You believe these stats?" "Nah, you know the military - if they can't hide their toys they either try to keep their abilities a secret, or they boost about them." "You are probably right, let's hope they won't remain the only contestants."

maddox

OOC,  would you have prefered Montmedie at your coast?

IC
Unfortunatly, France has use for her at other places.

TexanCowboy

Gran Columbia enters the prototype torpedo-boat which employs technologies developed by Professor Mysterio.  For example, the hull is covered by a thin chemical layer which can change color when electricity is passed through it, thereby allowing the boat to be adapt its color to its surroundings.  The boat carries a 140mm electromagnetic railgun and three nuclear-tipped, rocket-propelled...

This....

is the drawing of this very powerful torpedo boat.

snip

I WANT!

Nobody: if it wasnt for this stupid war, I would send something
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when solider lads march by
Sneak home and pray that you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Jefgte

NUS enter in the competition.

In the BB category, the light 16000t BB - Mayta Capac - 1 year after the rebuilt, the ship is now fully operationnal.

In the DD category, the 1000t Putre class - the DD Robore.

Jef
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

Sachmle

Since, according to the Orange news, this would have been known about in late October, the Große Kruezer SMS Moltke will have remained in Dar-es-Salaam instead of accompanying her two sister Goeben and Seydlitz back to Neu Kiel. Also, Schlachtschiff SMS Kaiser Barbarossa, accompanied by Kleine Kruezer SMS Frankfort and Großestorpedobooten T-155, T-156, and T-157 will be dispatched from Neu Brandenburg to Dar-es-Salaam where they will prepare for the festivities.
"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim

Desertfox

NS will send an "upgraded" (ie purpose built racing version) Turbinia, and the Flying Fish (to compete in the CV division...).
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Sachmle

Quote from: Desertfox on November 12, 2010, 05:33:53 PM
Flying Fish (to compete in the CV division...).

Won't she win be default?
"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim

damocles

Quote from: Sachmle on November 12, 2010, 07:12:11 PM

Maybe the KoN can submit the MV Crapfest II?

maddox

Quote from: damocles on November 12, 2010, 09:42:25 PM
Quote from: Sachmle on November 12, 2010, 07:12:11 PM

Maybe the KoN can submit the MV Crapfest II?

Not if Italia or the CSA send in their old prototypes (the Italian one is build upon a French Predead hull).

Desertfox

Well that was the intention, plus even if the other "CVs" are entered, Flying Fish has a cruiser hull while the others are pre-dreds....
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Nobody

Kaap Kourier, Friday January 2nd, 1920
      New War in Europe?!
While many people around the globe were still celebrating Christmas, two armies in eastern Europe were involved in armed skirmishes with many casualties. Now both involved countries - Bavaria and Ukraine - are accusing each other of having started an undeclared war.
   The Orange government has expressed its concern and issued a diplomatic note to both sides, asking them to cease all fighting - at least until the complicated matters that have caused to conflict have been sorted out.
   An executive member of the committee organizing the upcoming festivities of the Durban Naval Competitions, said that he feared these sad events might overshadow the event, which is partly meant to celebrate the end of the most recent conflict in the Rift.