NUS Atlantic Shipyards

Started by Jefgte, January 12, 2010, 07:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

P3D

How large the same ship would be with 'contemporary' engines? My estimate is 1000t lighter.

I also doubt Bariloche had 8 shafts.
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Jefgte

QuoteIt would cost next to nothing to raise B and X mounts, and give you much better firing arcs as a result

B & X turrets superfiring cost 43 tons & NUS Admiralty choose low bridges for perhaps futur 1930 modifs to AA Cruiser or CVE...

QuoteHow large the same ship would be with 'contemporary' engines? My estimate is 1000t lighter.

Just 347t lighter with 1916 engines techno.
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

The Rock Doctor

The admiralty should be optimizing the ship for its initial duty, and not a possible future conversion (either of which would require some unexpected foresight).

Jefgte

There is a very high probability that the old 1909 engines will be changed in 1931-32.
At this time, 1/3 of the ships life, with the new engines weight economised, a major rebuilt will be possible.

Jef
Surcouf

Sachmle

I think what Rocky is saying is that in 1919 NO ONE is or should be thinking of converting ANYTHING into AA or CV role except experimental CVs. There's just no reason/justification for it here, much like IRL. If it was 1929 or 1939 then I could see it.
"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim

Jefgte

I understand what you mean.  8)

Imagine a 1930 conversion is not realist.  :o
Nobody (not the player) could imagine Navalism in 1930  ???
& SS with a futur rebuilt is a kind of cheating  :(
I don't take this way  8)

I rework the SS  ;)

Jef
Surcouf