Main Menu

Kolkata War 1916

Started by miketr, March 18, 2009, 02:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sachmle

April 10th, 1916

After receiving word from the Iberian Government on possible sightings of T.A.G. in the Bismark Sea/Rabaul area the following vessels are ordered to begin searching for her:

From Lae
Prinz Heinrich (1898). 9,000 tons. 20 knots. Guns: 2-9.4", 4-8.2", 6-5.9", 10-3.4" T.T. 4-15.7"
Neue Ummanz (1896). 6,360 tons. 20.5 knots. Guns: 6-5.9", 4-3.4" T.T. 4-15.7"
U-5, U-6, U-7 (1909-12). 500 tons. 14 knots. Guns: 1-2.4" T.T. 4-18"

From Rabaul
U-8, U-9, U-10, U-11(1909-12). 500 tons. 14 knots. Guns: 1-2.4" T.T. 4-18"

Also M/S Serenitiet will be dispatched to that area as soon as she can be reached in the West Indian Ocean.

All vessels have standing orders to report sightings and all KM warships are to capture if possible, sink if necessary.

(OOC: These have been the orders since I took over DKB, sorry if I didn't advertise it to everyone.)
"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim

Desertfox

All that hate and Taugon has yet to committ ANY act of piracy.

I wonder how the U-Boats are supposed to 'capture' T.A.G....
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

miketr

Quote from: Desertfox on April 14, 2009, 08:26:08 PM

The subs just default to their secondary instructions... "sink if necessary"

Chopping up lots of shipping in several wars is going to tick some nations off...

Michael

The Bushranger

I'm surprised the Habsburgs haven't hired the Legion Kondor yet. :p

Sachmle

Quote from: Desertfox on April 14, 2009, 08:26:08 PM

We want OUR ship back.........Nothing personal w/ Taugon.

and as for the subs, they can do enough damage to stop her dead in the water w/o sinking her then radio for others to assist. Mostly they're to be running surfaced at night being extra eyes.

Quote from: The Bushranger on April 14, 2009, 11:39:42 PM
I'm surprised the Habsburgs haven't hired the Legion Kondor yet. :p

Good point!! Only the crew of Serenitiet are currently under the service of the Kaiser. Of course, if the Hapsburgs hire the Legion, do I still pay upkeep on them while they're under Hapsburg direction and just charge Borys, or does he pay upkeep and I don't?
"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim

The Rock Doctor

I think you'd pay the full upkeep, and charge the client enough to cover it.  From my perspective, this would be consistent with the unit being DKB-based.

maddox

maddox

April 28th

The monsoon, unexpectedly early this year has probably saved the City of Kolkata from being overrun by Bharat troops.
The weather is bogging down the Bharat offensive, but is also preventing the French troops to dig in.

Due this, and the attacks on Bharat naval infrastructure by the French naval forces the Bharat governement agreed in a proposed sieze fire of limited duration.

The guns fall silent over the soaked battlefields.

miketr

Last Acts...

QuoteApril 24th BNS Poona enters N.E.I.'s and turns over to Netherlands authorities crew of SS Mexique a 1,500 ton freighter taken on 23rd.

May 5th T.A.G. arrives in Firanji charters a tramper liner to retrieve some "guests"

May 8th BNS Poona enters Firanji and turns over crew of the SS Parisienne and issues an apology to French diplomatic mission as SS Parisienne was taken on May 3rd.

May 10th BNS Sita (Ex Firanji Fanjidar) arrives in Firanji

May 11th SS Tubbergen, Netherlands Registery, is over due and declared MIA.  A 6,000 ton cargo ship on Africa to Europe Run. 

May 15th BNS Rama (Ex Firanji Kebili) arrives in Firanji

May 17th The French flagged SS Pomme 2,500 tons out French West Africa to Brest is over due and declared MIA.

May 19th SS Peces Espadas 2,000 tons, Gran Columbian flagged ship with general cargo out of Iberia for South America is over due and declared MIA.

Borys

May 1916
The ragged Habsburg units finished cleaning up their sectors of dead bodies. All were thrown into the fastest flowing local water course. Rumours - whther filtering down the chain of command, or from the bazar, or just "from somewhere" - mostly concerned a French pullout.
"Too many Bahratis to kill" was the pravalent view from the trench. Some said - "not enough of us to kill'em all, why didn't teh Kaiser send more of us?" But most did not care - for whatever reasons they had enlisted, their duty was to fight under the Schwarz-Gelb - against whom and where did not matter.
NEDS - Not Enough Deck Space for all those guns and torpedos;
Bambi must DIE!

Desertfox

QuoteThe ragged Habsburg units finished cleaning up their sectors of dead bodies. All were thrown into the fastest flowing local water course.
Oh boy...

You do know what that means right? The french are not going to like you when a massive epidemic breaks out.
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Borys

There would be an epidemic if those corpses rotted locally. This way the bodies be in the sea in a few days time. BTW - the Hindus have been dumping dead bodies into the Ganges for several thousand years - the local ecosystem is used to it ...
Borys
Bambi must DIE!

P3D

Quote from: Desertfox on April 27, 2009, 02:07:43 PM
QuoteThe ragged Habsburg units finished cleaning up their sectors of dead bodies. All were thrown into the fastest flowing local water course.
Oh boy...

You do know what that means right? The french are not going to like you when a massive epidemic breaks out.

As the French are apparently selling Kolkata to Bharat, it's not their problem.
And they were more or less ignorant on civilian casualties during the war. They also destroyed almost everything outside Kolkata, I guess they would demolish most of the Kolkatan infrastructure when they finally leave.
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Borys

A freshly commander of Habsburg force has been appointed (his precedesor died of cholera), Feldmarschall-Leutnant von Weisswurst.
One of his first steps was to contact local Chruch authoroties, with a request to make known to the local Christians, through Chruch notices, announcements during mass, etc., that all those of Christian faith are offered sancturary and land in Habsurg Territories. The offer includes free passage.
His other orders concerned the concentration of LOC units near ports, and the formation of advance parties. Rumour is rife and split half way between "we are going home" and "we are going to another war".
Bambi must DIE!

maddox

Green Cross refugee camp Hilltop IV  2 miles south of Kolkata city.

A large tent, the canvas already sodden in the monsoon rains. A large wooden billboard makes clear

"Bureau de rélocation"

A large man is standing in front of a desk. Above that desk a sign is declaring "Seulement pour Francophones".

Yes sir, you have read the pamflets, and your application form is filled in impecably. You and your family are approved to return to France, or you can opt for relocation to Djibouti Island. There is work for a machinist like you. The new fleet facilities there are in need for experienced men.

Anther desk. Sign above it in Sanscrit/French.

Yes Kebab, there wil be sheep to herd over seas. Actualy, as far as I know, a lot of them, on large fertile fields in a flat country , called Great Southern River.

I'll sign, everything better than the devastation my home is now. When can my family and I go there?

Another desk.  Sign in Arabic/French.

Ah Mustafa, ready for another application for emmigration?

Yes monsieur Niclaas. I hope , with the will of Allah, that I can return to the land of my ancestors. Hassi Messaoud.

Your application form, at last is filled in like it should be. So, you and your family are sceduled for transport in 2 weeks.