Mailbox

Started by Logi, November 13, 2008, 03:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logi

Increased MTOW to ~11,500 lbs

ctwaterman

The Question on the MTOW does it have more range, payload, speed or other factors over as an Example my Own Caproni CA. 3  if the answer is yes then their is a problem as the Caproni Ca.3 is the 1916 Tech Version of the Ca.36 and Im buying them in lots of 25 .

Basically the Handley Page, Ca.3, Gotha, Caudroon, and Black Burn Kangaroo are all Heavy Bombers and need the 1916 Tech.  Some of them only come in at the end of the war and actually require the 1917: Historic 1918 Tech which no one has yet.

Charles
Just Browsing nothing to See Move Along

The Rock Doctor

To interrupte the airplane discusison:

Logi - I like the "Presidential Line-up" thread.  I will strongly recommend it to Foxy so we can figure out what the hell happened in New Switzerland some time.

Sachmle

Quote from: The Rock Doctor on September 04, 2009, 07:35:38 AM
To interrupte the airplane discusison:

Logi - I like the "Presidential Line-up" thread.  I will strongly recommend it to Foxy so we can figure out what the hell happened in New Switzerland some time.

lol ;D
"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim

Walter

QuoteIt carries less than the G. III.
Yes. I looked at Wiki where it said 1000 kg (2200 lbs), but now that I have had the opportunity to look at a more reliable source (which I should have done right away), it indicates 1500 kg as well. Just shows ou how unreliable wiki can be. :)
QuoteThe MTOW probably should be higher.
The reason why I think it needed to be higher was that being bigger and with 5 engines and a significantly greater range than the G.III, the plane would be required to carry a lot more fuel.

Speaking of the five engines, how are the wing engines arranged?
QuoteLong-Range Bomber title is just put there because it has more range than my other planes which are severely short-ranged compared to historical planes. I matched the Baltic Confederation's bomber range and that was a plane made in 1914. I doubt he had 1916 tech at that time.
It is only considered a "Long-Range Bomber" when a plane falls under the 1913/1916 tech and beyond. Before that, it's just a multi-engined plane.

Looking at the ECS plane, I do think that the range given is extremely optimistic. When I look at the plane that I based the Ki-12 on (Zeppelin-Staaken R.VI),
it has an endurance of 10 hours and a range of about 500 miles. That would mean roughly a speed of 50 mph while the top speed it 83.9 mph. With the ECS bomber, the endurance is 8 hours and it can fly 700 miles which would give you and average of 87.5 mph while the maximum speed it 95 mph. So rough guess that 500-550 miles would be more like it. Your's is more realistic with the 700 miles and 12 hours endurance.
Quotehe didn't even have the tech in 1916/H1! My point here is its not a real long-distance bomber. I am calculating the return trip so that makes its operational range around 340 mi, not long.
In my eyes, anything in excess of 6 hours in the current timeframe is 'long range' but for the 1910/1914 tech that should not matter unless all the other stats are more like a 1913/1916 plane than a 1910/1914 plane.
QuoteThe Question on the MTOW does it have more range, payload, speed or other factors over as an Example my Own Caproni CA. 3  if the answer is yes then their is a problem as the Caproni Ca.3 is the 1916 Tech Version of the Ca.36 and Im buying them in lots of 25 .
Well, when I look in the Italy thread and follow the link, I see the stats of the Caproni Ca.42 which is a 1917 variant and thus fall under the 1917/1918 tech. :)

I would think that normally the Sikorsky Ilya Muromets would also be a 'long range bomber' and the only reason that it is just a 'multi engine aircraft' is the simple fact that it is a 1913 plane.
QuoteBasically the Handley Page, Ca.3, Gotha, Caudroon, and Black Burn Kangaroo are all Heavy Bombers and need the 1916 Tech.
That is only the case if they are >1914... though I would not be surprised if they all are and I'm too lazy right now to look them up. :)
QuoteI like the "Presidential Line-up" thread.  I will strongly recommend it to Foxy so we can figure out what the hell happened in New Switzerland some time.
You'd probably end up reading 150 pages then. ;D

Logi

QuoteThe reason why I think it needed to be higher was that being bigger and with 5 engines and a significantly greater range than the G.III, the plane would be required to carry a lot more fuel.

Speaking of the five engines, how are the wing engines arranged?

==OO=[]=OO==

Like that, two on each wing.

QuoteIt is only considered a "Long-Range Bomber" when a plane falls under the 1913/1916 tech and beyond. Before that, it's just a multi-engined plane.

Looking at the ECS plane, I do think that the range given is extremely optimistic. When I look at the plane that I based the Ki-12 on (Zeppelin-Staaken R.VI),
it has an endurance of 10 hours and a range of about 500 miles. That would mean roughly a speed of 50 mph while the top speed it 83.9 mph. With the ECS bomber, the endurance is 8 hours and it can fly 700 miles which would give you and average of 87.5 mph while the maximum speed it 95 mph. So rough guess that 500-550 miles would be more like it. Your's is more realistic with the 700 miles and 12 hours endurance.

You are right. I'll think about reducing the range. Maybe 550 miles would be better?

Walter

Quote==OO=[]=OO==

Like that, two on each wing.
Okay. So something like this (+ engine in fuselage)...

and not like this (with engine in fuselage)...

QuoteYou are right. I'll think about reducing the range. Maybe 550 miles would be better?
I don't know. Like I said, your bomber's endurance/range is more realistic than the ESC bomber's. Either the ECS bomber's range is less than 700 miles or his endurance is greater than 8 hours.

Logi

Yes to the first picture.

ctwaterman

I love the picture is that the Russian Sikorsky Ilya Mourometz V .  The scarry part is he had in effect built the first heavy bomber a couple of years before anyone else.  Prototypes in 1914 and First flights in 1915 and mass production acutally begining in 1916 and obviously ending in 1917 :)

Just Browsing nothing to See Move Along

Walter

Not only that. Look at the picture.

Enclosed cockpit. :)

Same thing with the Zeppelin-Staaken R.VI.

I'd love to go for the Alexander Nevsky with its high speed, but I cannot find proper data on that plane (except empty weight, speed and weaponry (which appears to have been taken from the Ilya Mourometz )) and and pictures of the one prototype that was built.

Walter

QuoteAny citizen in Asia will be able to receive signals for this monument!
... actually, Japan has good coverage of its own towers and thus can interfere with the broadcasts of Radio Guangzhou and keep the Empire, parts of Russia, a large part of the Middle Kingdom and several other Asian nations free from all the Propaganda being broadcasted by the RRC. ;D

Sachmle

You have a type 2 slipway at Fuzhou, but it's only a type 1 port.
"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim

Walter

Throwing "Fuzhou" into search reveals that it has been that way for quite a while.

Logi

Crap, crap, CRAP! :o

That will need fixing (I will upgrade the Port to Type 2 next half). Fortunately I have plenty more docks that I don't need to use it.

TexanCowboy

I think thats going to take more than a half.