Bringing over The Old Gang?

Started by Borys, March 01, 2007, 04:53:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl822

Another place to look for new players may be over on warships projects, but endeavour to recruit people who are commited, and in for the long haul.

Alikchi

I am here and up for it, if you folks will have me. :)

Borys

Ahoj!
Wellcome.
But will you play or pad up the numbers?
Borys

Earl822

QuoteI am here and up for it, if you folks will have me.

No reason why not ::) ::), welcome aboard.

Desertfox

I would prefer a later starting date say 1904. Im more comfortable in that time period, but am wiling to go as far back as 1898.
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

swamphen

My personal choice would be 1/1/1906, this would allow those who would like to work some of their Nv2.0 interactions into 'the New History' to do so (i.e. there wouldn't need to be a replay of the Rohan-Anahuac War) while it lets us immediately start playing with Dreadnoughts, which remain popular.  ;D

Borys

Ahoj!
1/1/1906 looks good.
This would make 1905 a "fast forward" year for the old player, and allow for some window dressing.

Borys

The Rock Doctor

Skipping ahead a year, in conjunction with some sort of "Mosaic Earth" scenario, would allow for some folks to modify their existing nations to suit them better, rather than forcing them to start entirely from scratch.

Earl822 wants less of Canada and the central US, and more Europe.  So when the Earth gets chunked up in the time/space continuum, the parts of UKA he doesn't want won't come along for the ride.  Nor do some of the other nations in Europe.  But in the year of time between the end of 2.0 and the start of 3.0, perhaps Earl822's rump UKA can collect, through diplomacy or use of force, some of the other flotsam and jetsam (Iceland, Greenland, Denmark) that comes along into 3.0.

Borys

Ahoj!
You are describing my preferred solution. I could play with the map and write a several pages long horror story "The Events of 1905, after which the World We Knew was No More".

Borys

swamphen

(Not sure if the serfs and other semi-intelligent creatures of the Nverse should be aware of the changes we ASBs inflict on them.  ??? ;D )

*strokes chin thinking*

A modified Brandenburg...larger island, larger fleet...might work simply to enlarge exsisting classes, in fact just take the @-up-to-1904 German fleet perhaps...would want to keep the "Scharnhorsts" although they'd be renamed...not sure what to do with the Rohirrm-building Blücher though...

Desertfox

WWI!!! Or else a giant asteroid slams into Africa creating an inland sea and blocking Earth's view from space for a year! ;D
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Borys

Ahoj!
Don't get carried away Swampy - your schwartz will not get bigger :D

Borys

The Rock Doctor

QuoteOr else a giant asteroid slams into Africa creating an inland sea and blocking Earth's view from space for a year!

Only as an old geological feature - bear in mind what a cause of a similar crater apparently did to the dinosaurs.  It'd happily do the same to the inhabitants of 1905.

swamphen

Quote from: Borys on March 02, 2007, 08:00:33 AM
Don't get carried away Swampy - your schwartz will not get bigger :D
We'll go though 1905 at ludicrious speed!

Alikchi

Quote from: Borys on March 02, 2007, 05:21:21 AM
Ahoj!
Wellcome.
But will you play or pad up the numbers?
Borys

Well, if things go better over here than they have been, I'll be much more likely to be consistent  :)