Bringing over The Old Gang?

Started by Borys, March 01, 2007, 04:53:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swamphen

"Greetings Weblings."

A fresh start is one way to break the writer's blockade...

Borys

Ahoj!
BoP seems a safe bet - he knows the world.
From what I gather he never learnt the rules :) so the switch will come easily to him :D

Borys

The Rock Doctor

For those of you familiar with Wesworld, I'm thinking that Perdedor (WW Peru) might be worth approaching.  Ditto Psilander - his interest in Scandinavia might translate into a candidate for the Baltic League (or whatever replaces it).

Don't know if Hood or ShinRa would be interested and able to spare the time, but may be worth asking.

I was going to suggest head-hunting LTJim from Bob's BC board, but then remembered that we have enough trouble getting LettersTime out of him as it is.

Borys

Ahoj!
I had tried to lure Psilander, but failed. Maybe you'll have more luck.

Borys

swamphen

Hood expressed some "don't tempt me..." type interest when I pitched N-verse 2.0 to him, so perhaps he might be lured into N2.5...

Ithekro

What about Walter?  "Real" Japanesims

P3D

The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

Borys

Ahoj!
I think I recruited a CSA player. Carthaginian from WarshipProjects.
And a bloke on the "old" board was asking about the Baltic League ...

Borys

swamphen

Quote from: Borys on March 01, 2007, 04:10:14 PM
Ahoj!
I think I recruited a CSA player. Carthaginian from WarshipProjects.
And a bloke on the "old" board was asking about the Baltic League ...

Borys

Good, good... :)

As a note...although I would prefer to start a fresh country, if somebody else would desire to port the DKB and run it themselves, I wouldn't object.

Ithekro

I would recommend a retcon for the DKB as you could, in theory, have a lot of new lands to expand into, and thus not be stuck with islands, but with the beginning of a whole continent to conquor in the name of Germany.

swamphen

Hmmm, very tempting...

(Wasn't that the original idea for "Brandenburg" back when dinosaurs roamed the WesWorld?)

Of course I'd need a larger fleet...  ;D

Desertfox

Your right Rocky, however we must be careful about who we invite. The pack from Wesworld are OK as is Carthaginian.

New Continents to conquer? Tempting to say the least, now new island that would be perfect, a true New Switzerland...
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

Ithekro

Well if we go the fantasy route, we will be able to use our imaginations a little more openly.  We'll still have restrictions otherwise we'll get 1960s Cold War superpowers in the 1890s and not be able to stop them.  While the tech tree is nice and has paid off for Rohan when it plays the tech rolling game, it is not perfect.  However with a larger planet we might be able to justify some extraordinary technology at the expense of other technologies due to isolation, necessity, and/or ancient cultures, though that doesn't always mean much....as the Greeks would have invented the steam engine (actaully they did, but it was a novelty that went nowhere), or Leonardo with his advanced technology designs that point the way, but never get all the way there for hundreds of years.  Rohan is ahead in some areas of technology at present, but is (or was) behind in many others before tech trading began.  Some nations would follow different paths of technology due to something not being introduced to their land (such as steam not being overtaken by internal combustion engines maybe, or oil burners invented due to the region not having any access to coal ever, but still crude in use and or heavy on sail power.  There are lots of possibilities without taking things our beyond 1910 technology, or even modernizing old technologies within the bounds of reason.

Phoenix

Would we start then again in an earlier time ?
"Those who dance are often thought mad by those who cannot hear the music."
-- Tao Te Ching

Earl822

I think 1898 is good, much earlier and otherwise we'll all have ironclads like HMS Captain, and thus an awful lot of expensive failures.
We may want to take sometime when we first start out to specify exactly what our nations think of each other, and be careful that we don't treaty ourselves into a cold war, and be careful not to be overly mouthing off, remembering that international diplomacy takes time, even with Marconi sets.