Letter Box

Started by The Rock Doctor, January 24, 2008, 07:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock Doctor

Sorry - didn't want to reply in your Diplomatic Standing thread.

Anyway, I like the approach to rating international relationships.  I might play with some kind of similar technique and see if the outcome mirrors my "gut feelings".

Sachmle

Belt seems a little narrow on this one, especially for a 32kts ship. Wave motion would expose you to underwater hits IMHO.

http://www.navalism.org/index.php?topic=1368.msg43480#msg43480
"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim

Jefgte

QuoteIMS Taranto, Empire of Italia PC 1917 laid down 1917 (Engine 1916)

Displacement:
   7,597 t light; 7,852 t standard; 9,038 t normal; 9,987 t full load

Dimensions: Length overall / water x beam x draught
   566.17 ft / 555.00 ft x 55.00 ft x 21.50 ft (normal load)
   172.57 m / 169.16 m x 16.76 m  x 6.55 m

Not cool for this cruiser, she is just over 170m

;)
"You French are fighting for money, while we English are fighting for honor!"
"Everyone is fighting for what they miss. "
Surcouf

ctwaterman

Quote from: Jefgte on November 19, 2009, 03:55:26 AM
QuoteIMS Taranto, Empire of Italia PC 1917 laid down 1917 (Engine 1916)

Displacement:
   7,597 t light; 7,852 t standard; 9,038 t normal; 9,987 t full load

Dimensions: Length overall / water x beam x draught
   566.17 ft / 555.00 ft x 55.00 ft x 21.50 ft (normal load)
   172.57 m / 169.16 m x 16.76 m  x 6.55 m

Not cool for this cruiser, she is just over 170m

;)

Hmmm damn I thought I fixed that when I went back and had to modify it becasue the armor was too short.... back to fixing it again :(   Kicks SS2 
Just Browsing nothing to See Move Along

Sachmle

FROM: His Imperial and Royal Majesty Friedrich the Fourth, by the Grace of God, German Emperor and King of Neue Prussia, Count of Hohenzollern, King of Kenya and Viktorialand, Prince of Paderborn-Delbrück, of Neue-Pommern and of Neue-Mecklenburg, Prince of Neue Schwabia, Duke of Ost Afrika, Margrave of Neue Brandenburg, Margrave of Neue Bayern, Princely Count of Neue Henneberg, Count of the Mark, Constitutional Emperor and Perpetual Defender of Aden, etc.

TO: Emperor Armedo Ferdinando Camila

SUBJECT: Actions involving piratical activity off the coast of Afrika

It is with great honor that I bestow upon Captain Acuzio Iulius Malisius the Großkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes for his valiant actions involving termination of piratical activity based at Socotra.

It is with great honor that I bestow up the crew of the cruiser Neptune the Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse for their valiant actions involving the termination of piratical activity based at Socotra.
"All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence."
Otto von Bismarck

Kaiser Wilhelm

"If stupidity were painfull I would be deaf from all the screaming." Sam A. Grim

Sachmle

I think you've gone a little overboard on the depth charges on the 1920 DDs. Even in OTL during WWI with all the U-boat attacks they RN only upped their total to 30-40 in 1918. Prior to that it was 4-6 per ship. I'd say cut that from 40t(120) to 10t(30) and use the extra weight saved plus your left over cross-sectional (0.52) to up you speed or range. The notoriously short legged RN DDs (due to the RN having bases all over hell's half acre) were still 3,500nm @ 15kts.
Otto von Bismarck

Kaiser Wilhelm