Comments? Questions?

Started by The Rock Doctor, March 15, 2007, 08:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock Doctor

So if I understand you correctly, you're talking more about centralizing within the NEI, and defending its fringes, rather than regarding the entire NEI as a fringe of the Netherlands.  That would make sense to me.

Korpen

Quote from: The Rock Doctor on April 14, 2008, 12:42:50 PM
So if I understand you correctly, you're talking more about centralizing within the NEI, and defending its fringes, rather than regarding the entire NEI as a fringe of the Netherlands.  That would make sense to me.
Pretty much.
Basically, my plan is for major army or KNIL forces on the major islands and important areas supported by mine warfare forces, subs and cost defence ships. And then have a single highly mobile main fleet that will either be concentrated in the Atlantic or in Asia as the situation requires.
Card-carrying member of the Battlecruiser Fan Club.

Desertfox

QuoteI'm more inclined to think that numbers trumped engine type in Swiss eyes - there is (or was) a lot of old VTE-driven stuff in the NSN inventory.
True, but only in regards to foreign acquired ships. NS was the first country to use turbines in all types of ships, even to the point of accepting mechanical problems, and Im pretty sure that no NS built ship was laid down after 1900 with VTE. The last war was to be the swansong for all of the Swiss built VTE powered ships. Only the Cods would have lingered on with VTE.
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

1Big Rich

Neat ships in the Auxiliary fleet there, Rocky.  The Presidential Yacht is suitably decadent.  And the liner is very impressive.

A suggestion on the Rodrigo de Batstidas survey ships.  Those motor (diesel? gasoline? steam?) launches behind the superstructure be more useful as survey ships with an 'A'-frame on the stern.   Even with a hand winch (and they seem large enough to have an electrically powered winch aboard) an 'A' frame would make handling loads easier, or make large loads possible....

My thoughts,

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein

"A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for." -- Grace Murray Hopper

The Rock Doctor

Thanks, Rich.  I'll keep that in mind for follow-ups, or if I tinker with the picture of the Bastidas class.

The admirals have been pining for their own yacht, but haven't gotten their way.  So far.

P3D

That Russian 356mm/50 gun is instead a 14"/45 one - even Russia did not have the 1911 gun tech back in whenever.
The first purpose of a warship is to remain afloat. Anon.
Below 40 degrees, there is no law. Below 50 degrees, there is no God. sailor's maxim on weather in the Southern seas

The Rock Doctor

Thanks, I'll revise accordingly.

Walter

QuoteUNK:  Black Adder (Armada)
Very fitting for the UNK. :D

No doubt next in line for the UNK throne. ;D

The Rock Doctor

It was the first one I pencilled in.  I figured it was unavoidable.

Walter

I noticed that with the GC submarines, you give the maximum depth in meters. However, looking around a bit, I believe that the values of maximum depth in the table use measurements in feet and not in meters.

Simple example, the submarine of Das Boot, U-96, had some serious problems near Gibraltar at a depth of over 250 meters. Now U-96 was a Type VIIC u-boat with a calculated crush depth of 250-295 meters. At 781 tons, the U-96 would fall in the 1000 ton 1935 category of submarines with a given depth of 750. 250 meters is 820 feet which is a lot closer to the 750 figure in the table than 250 meters.

The Rock Doctor

I'll have a look at the original table, then...

The Rock Doctor

Yup, looks like you're correct - either that, or 1940 tech subs can hang out a kilometre below surface.

TexanCowboy

If it isn't an inconvience, can you post your nation's current views on Gran Columbia or any deals that you have with Gran Columbia either here or in a PM? Thanks.

Desertfox

NS -> Evil Businessmen, they're shiny.
"We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!" Schlock

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090102.html

TexanCowboy

Quote from: TexanCowboy on November 01, 2010, 07:55:12 PM
If it isn't an inconvience, can you post your nation's current views on Gran Columbia or any deals that you have with Gran Columbia either here or in a PM? Thanks.

It's very awkward having to find out about dealings with other nations only now, such as I just found out from Rocky about dealings with the Swiss. Please send me a PM with GC dealings as it relates to your respective nations soon, or I'll just end up being forced to omit those dealings from my report.